Trick-a-Week 2024—#40 Shoulder Slack

Still suck at catching classic revolutions, but I’m working on it.

6 Likes

I started and stopped working on that one… but if you’re working on it maybe I should start again

2 Likes

I have been trying to learn that Takeshi combo for a while, but I swear it gets harder every time I try.

5 Likes

Week 39 - Switchbacks

MrMatio posted a new tutorial of a Takeshi trick, and it’s just a satisfying little back and forth element. It also has some continuity from last week, as it ends in a similar fashion, but with a different dismount.

6 Likes

Here’s my take from a -1.0. It works similarly from the week 27 trick if you want to combo it from that.

5 Likes

If people want some tips on any individual parts for the Takeshi slack revolutions feel free to ask and I’ll see if I can give some advice since, after spending an inordinate amount of time practicing it, I’ve got it mostly smooth now.

3 Likes

Nice work y’all that tried out that other takeshi trick last week! I really didn’t expect ppl to go for it so I’m tipping my hat to y’all for trying it. Trick is hard and I haven’t had the patients to get through the whole thing myself hah!

4 Likes
9 Likes

I am moving rn, so I haven’t had much free time, but still learned this awesome trick. I really like the concept of unwinding the string from the bearing and focus on showing a cool movement over a hard trick.

5 Likes

I really like the rhythm of this trick.

4 Likes

Was interested in learning this trick when I saw Matio’s tutorial pop up so TaW is as good an excuse as any to go ahead.

3 Likes

Week 40 - shoulder slack

40 weeks in felt like the time to finally put a single front style trick in (though it’s definitely one you can do side style).

6 Likes

Very cool!!

2 Likes

Shoutout G2 Nation

4 Likes

all right I’m gonna try this one. Gotta start getting these TaW tricks

4 Likes