Trick-a-Week 2024—#37 Dimension Ghost

Here is the snagbar trick by @rickyyR ! I changed the finger positions a little so the element before the ripcord is more of a pop than a roll but I was having fun doing it like that. Very fun trick!

7 Likes

Sick i like your version :fire:

2 Likes

Super cool trick, but it took me forever to video it because I had to break habits from Candy Rain and kept missing my binds.

6 Likes

Week 32 - Basic Tech Combo

This week we’re learning a basic tech combo from Rewind - it’s a great base to work from with other tech tricks, and well worth getting smooth.

If you have a variation or add on element, share it! It’d be great to see more things people can try as variations alongside the one in the video.

6 Likes
9 Likes

Here is my take.

It is more of a combo, but when I saw the slack variation at the end, I thought it would go perfectly into this rejection triangle.

12 Likes

Well played sir!

1 Like
8 Likes
8 Likes

Week 33–Houdini’s Milk Carton Escape

This weeks trick was sent to me by friend of the thread @Bobparty ! Let me know if any of y’all have any questions! Have fun and good luck!

10 Likes

Went with a different ending! Fun trick!

10 Likes

You put some stank on the end @GTDropKnot!!!

Thank you for posting it! One of my all time favorite tricks!

4 Likes

Lolol I thought you’d like that :handshake:

2 Likes

the trick of the week

9 Likes

IMG_3442

@GTDropKnot forgot to post this earlier lol

4 Likes

Dang that yoyo is huge. Definitely the size of an orange.

2 Likes

anyone got tips for preventing the rejection coming off the houdini in the beginning? I’m rejecting like half the time

2 Likes

Yeah let the string wrap around your finger like a double on almost and then drop the string off after. Let me know if that doesn’t make sense and I can make a vid tomorrow np :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

i gotcha, tks, I’ll give that a try

edit: so just so I’m understanding, is that the case because rejections require pushing the string into the wall and this keeps that from happening?

1 Like

I am finally getting all the way through the basic tech combo, but not consistent enough to video. I don’t always comment or make it through every trick, but I am learning a ton from this thread.

For this week, I keep ending up with an extra wrap around the axle after the first step, I think. Got to check the POV frame by frame again, but it’s probably an easy fix.

After that, getting the yoyo to land on the rejected string seems impossible to me right now. Any tips would be appreciated.

2 Likes