Trick-a-Week 2024—#37 Dimension Ghost

5 Likes

Here is my week 15, thanks to everyone for all your help!

5 Likes

Week 17–Fashism

Yooo happy Friday!!! This week we have a super fun trick from Kyle Kosarek! There’s a lot of interesting stuff going on with this one and I absolutely love a good stop and go. The trick is also broken up into very manageable parts that can be learned separately and then put together. Some advice at the start is to throw hard! You’re going to want to get the wind on the stop and go grind nice and tight and a hard throw just helps with that initially. Also don’t forget that because we’re doing a stop and go, the spin of the Yoyo will change direction. The last part of the trick is a trick by Augie Fash and that is where the name Fashism come from.

10 Likes

Here’s the trick

5 Likes

if i had a nickel for every trick name that included a popular player’s name in the title but accidentally also meant a horrible political term i would have 2 nickels

6 Likes

:nerd_face: ehurm! This trick is Fashism not fascism :nerd_face:

3 Likes

haha, i came here exactly to find out why this trick has that name…
i forgot about this trick a week thread, it is soo cool.

However, i guess ‘Fashism’ is still a bit too challenging for me to combat. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

of course… as a non-native english speaker i totally knew that :disguised_face: :see_no_evil: :rofl:

1 Like

Is it accidental?

You should try it! I found it much easier to get through than I thought it would be after watching the trick. The hardest part for me was getting the regen cleanish and managing my plane control so the yoyo doesn’t shift a lot during the ending. You can also just try the stop and go on its own, or the stuff after the stop and go (frontstyle if you start here). I do hope you decide to give it a try but if not, that’s cool too and I hope there will be other weeks in the future you decide to learn.

2 Likes

Ok, i will try! :blush: :pray:

2 Likes

You really should give it a shot… I was super intimated when I first started doing TAW, but it has really forced me out of my comfort zone and made me a better player. Plus it’s super fun! :wink:

4 Likes

Yo a friend asked me about the chopsticks stop and go part of the trick and I figured I would share what I wrote here as well.

okay so it’s like—you do this simple chopsticks, just keep fingers in a nice C shape and you’ll get it but make sure you don’t tense up into an evil L shape. I use two fingers but you can do whatever is comfortable. Then you slide the Yoyo over to the hand and literally just set it on there, play with the angle like some yoyos need a very steep angle to grind and not move up or down. Then you drape the thumb string over the back half of the Yoyo and pull away from the Yoyo. It’ll pull the dangling string first then start going to nth so you kinda gotta reach for it. This is prolly the hardest part like getting the timing of the slack getting pulled into the gap and grabbing the Yoyo. Then you just roll it over like a regen out of a stall. The direction of the spin will have changed so bind from trapeze.

3 Likes

The last part was so hard for me because of tilt correction muscle memory :joy:

4 Likes

Ngl, I just seen this topic on the home page and I was “wtf”, also counting that couple of days ago it was the liberation of Italy from fascism, sometimes is easier to get confused lmao anyway it was a nice combo maybe just with a bit of unlucky sounding name

3 Likes

Week 18–GS GT plus Bonus Bergy Trick

Okay the main trick we are going to learn is the GS GT with a tutorial by bellafreestylin’. I think she does a good job at explaining the rejection and I just absolutely love these kind of tricks, where the string rejects and goes around to catch the yoyo. They can be a bit frustrating at first if you’re not used to them but then they feel really satisfying and are kind of flashy to put at the end of a combo. This trick is very short so I want to add another bonus trick, in case people want some extended learning.

This is a super cool Bergy rejection tower. Once you figure out what string you want to land on, the trick is not crazy difficult and once you start landing it some, consistency is surprisingly close by. Please please please ask me if y’all have any questions at all! I really like these elements and think I can help if people get stuck. Have fun and good luck!

5 Likes
8 Likes

Halfway through moving in to my new office (yes, the butterflies are staying), so we’ll see if I can get down the bonus rejection - it’s stumped me for a while.

4 Likes

What part of the bonus tower trick is stumping you? like getting the slack to go around enough to make the tower or finding the right string to land on or something else? what typically goes wrong when you attempt it?

Since you’re asking :wink:, I personally can’t get enough “oomph” to get the string to reject all the way around on either trick…

1 Like