Trick-a-Week 2024—#36 BlackWhip

Yo so watch this it’s got the arrows and stuff and he can explain it better than me

8 Likes

taw24 #1. haven’t recorded a trick here before so it’s uhh half not in frame. too lazy to rerecord :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I learned so much from this TAW. It is seemingly simple, but there is a lot of complexity behind doing it cleanly. Like in the control exercises, which I revisited while learning this, it’s all about knowing how to manipulate the string and where to place your hands to get it flowing with smaller movements. This is probably my favorite TAW since I also like the trick a lot. It is chill but not boring at all to do or watch.

11 Likes

Turtle Trick looks simple but making it look smooth is really hard, especially the last part. Great pick for this week!! This is one of my favorite tricks of all times, and Vincent style is simply mesmerizing, go check out some of his videos on youtube.

9 Likes
10 Likes

The redirect at the end is vexing the heck out of me, so I threw in a different element at the end. I really enjoyed learning this one, thanks @GTDropKnot!

9 Likes

My first drunk TaW submission! Having a few extra drinks is no excuse to post late :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Week 3 - Dust Bunnies

This week’s trick is a deceptively simple repeater out of a brother mount. It has some neat movement and pacing that makes the trick interesting.

10 Likes

Here’s my take

12 Likes

:rabbit2::dash:

11 Likes

When I used to drink I would get so pissed when I tried to throw.

2 Likes

Dust Bunnies!

8 Likes

Yo here’s my take on the trick!!! Nice pick @digitalcharlie !!! Very satisfying and fun!

11 Likes

Not a perfect execution, but my mom said I’m perfect no matter what.

9 Likes

Week 4 - Flow Boaty

This week’s trick is a neat little arm trick, and really approachable if you haven’t done any arm stuff before.

16 Likes

Here’s my take - messing around with it I also liked how it flowed starting it from an undermount so I did a pair of those, too.

13 Likes

Dang you got it butter. I gottta learn this one

7 Likes

This one looks so fun, I think I’ll actually hop in and learn this one!

5 Likes

Oops… better late than never…

9 Likes

100%!!! I’m just gonna say this again for everyone but no one should feel like they neeeeed to get a trick learned every week. If a trick takes longer or we passed it or something, everyone can still like learn it or post it and we’ll be happy and stoked to see it. There were definitely some tricks last year that took me extra time and that’s chill like no rules for real. We’re just learning tricks together casually :call_me_hand:

9 Likes