Trick-a-Week 2024—#36 BlackWhip

Week 22—Pure 143

This week we’re going to learn this legendary trick from Paul Escolar. It has some good and cool elements. Shoutout to @sakatuca for making the tutorial, thank you!
Here is an old video of Paul doing the trick for the history.

4 Likes
6 Likes

Magandang umaga! (Good morning in Tagalog)
Ive been here for a while and I’ve been needing ti fund a trick that is high scoring and only lasts for a few seconds for my routine. If any of you guys could help with that that would be awesome!

2 Likes

Yo this is the trick a week thread and next time make a separate topic for non trick a week questions. I gotchu tho learn this trick. Shoutout @yoyothomas

4 Likes

My first goal is to learn this trick, 2nd goal is to do it with a FH1!

1 Like

Full disclosure: I meant using a FH1 for Pure 143, not Hunter’s double slack (not yet anyway :rofl:)

2 Likes

Lololol yeah I figured hah that hunter trick is so so hard. But yeah pure 143 is a good trick to do responsive like you’ll get a greater appreciation for the trick like that plus I kinda like the history aspect of the trick was made using a responsive Yoyo plus it’s just fun to play responsive like this. I definitely learned it w an unresponsive first tho so sounds like a good plan.

1 Like
3 Likes

Not ready for the FH1 yet, but its a start…

4 Likes
3 Likes

Week 23 - Yuki Nishisako trick 1

I really enjoy this little repeater because the setup is like magic drop… but you don’t reject the string. If you do a lot of magic drops, not rejecting almost becomes its own challenge.

5 Likes

If you’re looking for a bonus trick to learn and don’t already know it, you can do Takeshi bounce after a magic drop so it pairs nicely with this trick. Plus, it’s just a cool element to know. It’s what I did here.

I had to start wearing gloves because Baltimore is too humid for my hands. So sweaty and it’s barely June.

5 Likes

Getting a bit of a funky flow rn hmmm might work on it more hmmm

6 Likes

It’s a bull

1 Like

Ooooo hahah yes! I see that too

This one got me way too mad while learning it lol. The execution feels very strange at the dismounting part, and there are a lot of things that can go wrong. But that’s what TaW is about: trying new stuff that does not feel natural to grow as a player, so I pushed through.

5 Likes

I hear ya on this one, I’ve rage quit many times practicing this one… can’t seem to seperate the strings properly and can’t make heads or tails of dismount, but that is all part of the learning process… oh well, time to keep grinding…

3 Likes

Here’s another version I recorded the other day. It’s still very awkward for me and I kinda just was like nah after this.

@Ironical_Monocle1 you can see how I’m using the th thumb in this vid to get enough string separation to land the correct mount. You can also land the very first trapeze close to the tip of the nth index and then dove that finger in deeper to get the second wrap further back on the finger so give those things a shot. Also the dismount is basically just a ripcord. Just go super slow like Yuki shows in the tut to help understand the element then you can speed it up and shortcut the steps. You’re just going to bring th index over and under the Yoyo so that when you drop the string off th index, it does the ripcord thing and you end up in a trapeze again. I can make a vid of that just let me know if you would like that and it would be no problem at all for me to film that real quick.

3 Likes

Haha i just recorded something while you were typing, but dont really have anything to add to what you said. It‘s about keeping the strings apart from the beginning and trying to keep your hands apart (as in not on top of each other but further spread can also help with the dismount) while doing the non rejecting magic drop.

5 Likes

Povs are always helpful! Nice

2 Likes