Trick-a-Week 2024—#36 BlackWhip

Love this trick, such a chiller!

5 Likes

Week 20 - Burning Wheel

Most of this trick is pretty straightforward - but pay attention to the direction of the triangle toss at the end. It doesn’t go the direction you might expect, which is also what I think looks so neat about the trick.

6 Likes

Did I give that advice about paying attention to the direction of the toss because last night I realized I had been wrong for a few days?

Yes. Yes I did.

8 Likes

Cool trick! I like this suicide a lot. Really helps to throw it around with nth index and it’ll stay open pretty good and nice.

7 Likes

Were you inspired to learn this from the nomad thrower’s recent vid? Anyway, great job.

1 Like

Thanks yo! I’m not sure who the nomad thrower is but maybe @digitalcharlie was? He was the one that picked the trick this week.

1 Like

Ah, interesting… Thanks. That suicide at the end is a real bitch. Once I nail it, I will be happy.

1 Like

Nope - I have a big playlist of tricks that I think might work for TAW and I have a few tricks from this guy on it, and when I watched it again this week I saw a bunch of play TAW elements that it builds on!

But also yeah the triangle toss is tough.

2 Likes

Good luck! Using nth index to toss it around really makes a big difference.

2 Likes

Here is my tutorial in case people are struggling with Burning Wheel! https://youtu.be/CItT_t6pvB4?si=77CveiPb8rbsoMCz

2 Likes

Edit: I just realized i did the sui in the wrong direction :woozy_face:

3 Likes

Lolol that’s the funnest part!

2 Likes

Fixed it :smile:
If you slowmo this clip at 7 seconds you can see how the movement of the th will open up the loop a lot.

5 Likes

Week 21–Kharisma’s Easy Wave

This week we are going to be learning a fun and flowy trick by Ahmad Kharisma. Let the chat know if you have any questions! Have fun and good luck!

5 Likes

I had been going through his tricks looking for one to do for TAW, this is great!

4 Likes
7 Likes

…. Now we are talking. Lots of cool videos to catch up.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Finally put together a place to record

4 Likes

I’ve been looking at tricks for tomorrow and thought I would run a poll to see what people would like to work on this week and maybe get a general idea of what ppl like.

• Slack-y Trick
  • Historic Trick
  • Picture Trick
  • Midschool Techy Trick
0 voters

No guarantees that whatever wins will be tomorrow, just kinda curious what ppl are into.

1 Like