Trick-a-Week 2024—#19 Path of Totality

got this a few days ago and never posted it, my bad

12 Likes

Yayyy haha I was gonna be like yo post this on the thread but didn’t wanna be thirsty lolol nice work tho !

3 Likes

Im glad we still going strong in 2024. Thanks for continuing the thread!

7 Likes

Decided to join TaW this year (or at least try).

8 Likes

Week 2–Turtle Trick

This trick was submitted by @tysnj last year. I think it’s a great trick for the thread! Very accessible but also a lot of room to play with execution. Enjoy and good luck!

18 Likes

Here’s my take on the turtle trick! :turtle::yo-yo:

15 Likes

Really cool elements! I am excited to learn this one :turtle:

3 Likes

New trick day best day of the week!

5 Likes

i like this. very nice flow!

i’m going to try to get this one!

enjoy the throw my friends!
kgb

5 Likes

I got the picture trick down! I wasn’t holding the strings going into the 1.5 mount. That helped a bunch. Gonna try to film it this weekend and start on the :turtle: trick.

1 Like

Just got it! It’s such a fun trick but I decently have room for improvement when it comes to flow :turtle: :heart:

2 Likes

This one’s for last week I’ll upload this weeks when I get a little smoother with it

9 Likes

Edit: Here is a new clip with the actual way to do the ending. You have to do the roll motion with your th while keeping your yoyo and nth on the nth side. If you pull your nth too much to th side the yoyo will just fall of.

11 Likes

Thanks for sharing this, it really helps. I was a bit fuzzy on that part, but now I’m starting to get it…

3 Likes

Nice thank you!!! I rushed it and just realized I scuffed up the end of my video :sob: I’ll try this out!

2 Likes

This is super helpful - I made a version with a different ending because I couldn’t get it to look how I liked.

That means this is a starting point, I’ll record another with the proper redirect later.

13 Likes

Yooooooo :butter:

3 Likes

Nicely done!

3 Likes

This trick is like nothing I ever really worked on, getting through it sloppily. Is there a tutorial anywhere for eli hops out of a 1.5? Jason was showing me how to yesterday, still don’t got it though.

edit: I think I got it not sure though.

2 Likes

■■■■■■■■■■ has a video of 1.5 circular Eli hops if your still looking for one
It’s helpful because it’s at an slight angle

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes