Trick-a-Week 2023 - #52 - Control Workshop

Well now I gotta learn the first!!! Lol

1 Like

And here she is. Very nice flowy trick. Need to repeat this more often - feels great. I just change the bind in the end to a slap bind since I find it more fitting for the trick and it is more satisfying :smile:

11 Likes

Week 2 is HARD - Angle Combo… work in progress!!

Week 3 - Ping Pong

Week 4 - Tension Slack GT

10 Likes

I have a few weeks of tricks to make up for, and I’m still working on week #2 lol. i can get the first half up to the inverted GT pretty consistently now.

5 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CoYsZbBPygp/?igshid=Yzg5MTU1MDY=
Hey folks, here’s my take on Bonesplint. Hella fun learning this one. Be good and thank you for watching.
Ef.

13 Likes

Nice! You’ve got that looking real smooth.

1 Like

Looks great!!!

1 Like

Right on :call_me_hand:, much appreciated! Really enjoyed getting this one down.

Right on, bud :call_me_hand:!

Trick-a-Week 2023 - #6 - (Fixed Axel) Mystic Dump & Mystical

In celebration of Fixed Axle February, this weeks trick will be 0a focused. There are a couple prerequisites that are fairly basic for this, but if youve been jamming any fixie stuff - you probably already know them.
Stalls
Dump Trucks

The theory of play here is to flip the yoyo off plane and land it on another section of string.

Here’s the man, @edhaponik with the reference material.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2ZvC3bALIs/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I’ve somehow managed to get these going without learning the moon rover, but i bet it would have been easier if i got it down first.
I’d really like to hit a Mystic Varial by the end of the week.

This other source material is from @drewtetz , and explores mysticals in a almost overwhelming capacity.

intended for inspirational motivation, not brain popping

Be sure to read all about these in this post from yoyonews

I also happen to be a big fan of the name.

:wink:

9 Likes

Oh 0A I am out. Will join back later. Too many 4A 5A tricks on my to do list I prefer to learn. :smile:

5 Likes

Yikes!

2 Likes

Si its my understanding that Drew came up with the foundation and then he and Ed bounced it back and forth progressively.
Even though im sure Drews vid was leading it off, i felt it my be more approachable if yall check out Eds material first.

Drew hits it hard like a skatetape.

No need to feel obligated to go full throtle on these this week, just a concept grab.

3 Likes

I haven’t thrown a Mystic Dump in a while. Good to see I’ve still got it!

10 Likes

Love a nice Fixie dump! Well done!

1 Like

trying to get my TaW Submissions going again. Tyler is my favorite player for quite some time now, so i had to do this one :slight_smile:

all the posted stuff here looks great! Now i just need to make myself a 0A throw, maybe just axleknot on a lubed freehand?

8 Likes

Bit behind… Only just started messing around with Bonesplint tonight.

Great trick and something I’ll be working on more.

7 Likes

Week 4 is proving to be really challenging! Hoping to have 5 down this weekend, its a fun one and Tyler is one of my absolute favorite players. Week 6 is right up my alley so will have that this week as well =]

4 Likes

I finally dusted off my fixie and regret not playing it for a while :slight_smile: Ive been trying the DoN variation 10 seconds in

2 Likes

Little late, but here is Week 5, Bonesplint.

11 Likes