:heart:

1 Like

Great work bro!

1 Like

Trick-a-Week #8 VarSword

This week is back to 1A with a crisscrossing flowy slacky pick of a trick

Happy learning!

10 Likes

Bird tricks are way too cool. This trick really makes you practice good slack control to keep your string formation set up properly during the arm contortion.

For anybody who wants a significantly easier variation, you can actually just do the GT immediately, without the funky slack movement. I’d recommend starting out with just this. This type of GT is super simple to set up, and you can easily incorporate it into tons of your own tricks. I use it a lot personally.

13 Likes

Can’t wait to learn this one!!!

3 Likes

I feel scared by this :neutral_face:

1 Like

Best part about these longer flowy tricks is that if you pull even one element out to learn, you’re good!

This one looks fun but I’m no good with the unspoken tutorials.

5 Likes

Ditto on the unspoken aspect!

1 Like

Just doing the GT is pretty simple, if you need any spoken explanation of it I’d be happy to provide it. It’s basically just an outside/inside roll of the yoyo before you pass your hand under to form the GT.

1 Like

I am so happy no more 0A :grin:… here as by @mable suggested the simplified version without the Shivas arms part. Will update my video later when I got my dance moves down :no_good_man::ok_man::man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Maybe you can help with this.

I pretty much have all of it down, but when I move around my hands the string toward the end part it keeps wrapping up into the gap and binding.

I feel like the strings are 100% in the right configuration. So I’m not sure if there’s a trick to that part of where to keep the tension on the throw.

2 Likes

The mount is going against the spin of the yoyo so it naturally wants to bind up, that means you’re in the right formation.

Exaggerating the swinging motion for the roll should help, so the slack spinning around the yoyo has more motion to keep it away from the gap. It’s a little counter intuitive since you’re trying to keep loose hanging string from bunching up into the yoyo, but you can’t keep it taut with your own hands since it’s just hanging there.

3 Likes

Makes sense, I’ll give it a try thanks!!!

1 Like

Barely got through this, will keep trying to smooth it out this weekend. The weave started out really tricky and then got easier; I spent some time practicing it in a much more forgiving mount so I could memorize the motions. The actual mount reeealy wants the yoyo to tilt, which resulted in some wild attempts at corrections until I figured out how to do it smoothly.

12 Likes

I hit it!!!

Thank you!!!

5 Likes

I havent finished working through the slacky arm part but love seeing everyone else enjoying this weeks pick :+1:

3 Likes

Wooo! Not the best but this was the only take where my belly didn’t pop out :no_mouth:

4 Likes

That was awesome! Well done!

1 Like

I have to say I’m happy to be back in the 1A train…OA is challenging for sure!

Here’s my week 5 BoneSplint. #8 deff looks like an interesting challenge!

5 Likes

I’m finding it challenging for this week to follow along with the tut. Lots of rewinding :sweat_smile:

5 Likes