Trick-a-Week 2023 - #52 - Control Workshop

Week #52 - Trick-a-Week THE FINAL - Akitoshi Tokubuchi Control Workshop

So here’s the final week of 2023. It’s been a really interesting year to say the least.

I’d really like to thank everybody who participated in the thread this year, seeing people push themselves to learn new tricks and level up their skills is super cool. And for the people just along for the ride, I hope you at least enjoyed some of the tricks this year.

The participation really was exciting. This year’s thread had by far the most activity since the original 2020 thread. Sometimes the forums can feel a little sparse for trick-oriented content, but this thread is what got me to want to start improving at yoyo in late 2021, and I’m glad I could run it for a while to hopefully give others the same experience I had.

I have no plans to continue the thread in 2024, since I’m really just wanting to go in my own direction with yoyoing. Other people are more than welcome to take up the mantle, but for now I’m too disinterested in learning other people’s 1A tricks. I’d rather focus on making my own tricks or play other styles. Running the TaW thread in its ideal form is a lot more effort than just dumping a tutorial in here every week.

So as the final week of 2023, I’m picking something a bit different. Consider this to just be a long term goal to keep pecking away at. Here’s a playlist of Akitoshi Tokubuchi’s control exercises. If you want to level up the presentation and execution of your yoyo tricks, a lot of the information in these tutorials will be invaluable to practice.

Here’s to wishing you all a fruitful yoyo journey into the extended future, thank you so much for joining me this year!

19 Likes