Trick-a-Week 2023 - #52 - Control Workshop

forgot to record ping pong earlier this week! gonna start on the tension slack GT tonight.

14 Likes

Getting in early this week. Still some bits to clean up.

11 Likes

Very happy to say I got one ugly successful run through…i don’t think I’ll have this on video by tomorrow… im going to be fixed axel only in Feb so I’ll have to revisit this in March.

Edit… started to land it a bit, catching that Slack is deff the most challenging part. Might post a sloppy video tomorrow if i can :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

So i stayed up way to late to try and land this “clean” si this is my dirty version. Deff have to revisit every week especially week#2 in March!

And thank you @ChrisFrancz for letting me use your art in my video.

14 Likes

https://imgur.com/a/SCcIibn fun one!

8 Likes

Got this banged out before Fixed Axle February. Could be a little cleaner, but I started my diet this morning.

:laughing:

9 Likes

Having a great time with this trick - but anyone else having binding issues “wrapping” out of the green triangle over the hand, and when “dropping” the yoyo into the bottom string after that?

It keeps binding if I move slower than a snails pace and I cannot figure out why.

1 Like

I was initially having this problem too. I found this happened more if I caught my first GT closer to my none throw hand… So instead I catch it closer to my throw hand, giving me more string in my non throw hand and less around the bearing (less likely to bind).

3 Likes

Kudos! Great job.

1 Like

I’m going to try it, thanks for the advice!!!

2 Likes

Here’s my Week 3&4. I tried The Angel but I’m already bashing my head against some other hard slacks so I think I’ll come back to it at a later time.

12 Likes

Nice combo!

1 Like

First trick of February! This week is Bonesplint, a Tyler Vienneau trick. For those of you who prefer spoken tutorials, there’s a second tutorial for you to check out.

It’s a really fun and flowy trick, and practicing this can help you play cleaner in general. This trick is all about keeping the strings taut while playing against the spin, so you don’t snag.

12 Likes

Here’s my Bonesplint for the week.

16 Likes

Nice a longer combo :+1:

2 Likes

Awesome combo! ! Bonus points for the frostbite on your fingers!

1 Like

It feels like -30°C here (with wind). The things I do for TaW lol. Could have done them another day but my brain goblins said, no…today.

2 Likes

Week 4 Tension GT

9 Likes

Fantastic breakdown in the talking video. I watched the first one and thought “there goes my weekend lol” but that breakdown is fantastic

2 Likes

His tutorials are great, he’s got a lot of really solid breakdowns of a lot of tricks.

The only thing worth noting is that his version of Bonesplint is just slightly different. After he swings the yoyo around his TH index and does the string hit on the bottom string, he just uses that string hit as a redirect to swing the yoyo back around to undo the twist. In the OG version of the trick from Tyler you immediately land on the string after the wrap around your index, then do a subtle rejection to undo that extra wrap. I do the version with the rejection in my clip.

That being said, if anybody is struggling with that rejection and wants a slightly easier variation of the trick, check out the second tutorial!

4 Likes