Trick-a-Week 2023 - #52 - Control Workshop

Just realized i was not letting go of the string on my TH while trying to pop up into the GT… ok now let’s try again!

3 Likes

This one is going to be tuff for me. I can’t seem to manage my string tension all that well. It’s really amazing how clean he makes it look. This one is pretty advanced!! Good luck everyone.

2 Likes

I broke my phone and got locked out of all of my accounts. Finally got everything back up. # best thread

3 Likes

Whew. I’ve been stuck on this part for a bit, which made it even trickier to debug the inverted GT… so decided to check back in on this thread. I’ll give it another go with this as my reference! Thanks!

3 Likes

Just a status update so the thread gets some footage. First part now goes pretty consistent and working on the other parts :smile:.

8 Likes

Alright, so I got mega-confused on the setup, roll, and then inverted GT portion so I focused solely on that part today. Hopefully this is correct and helps some folks. If I’m goofing on some part, please let me know.

Full video here (ignore janky shortcut part): taw 2 practice - YouTube

Inverted GT Steps
Step 0: Do all the Angel combo leading up to this point.
Step 1: Get into this mount, with twists on each index finger with horizontal string on the outside and vertical strings on inside:

Step 2: Roll yoyo clockwise and inside over throwhand index finger, while still holding section under pinky and letting that come up and over TH thumb.
Step 3: End up in this formation

Step 4: Launch yoyo upwards into top horizontal string while dropping front string off TH index finger
Step 5: Let yoyo fall inside/behind strings.
Step 6: Carry on with Angel combo, my wayward sun.

4 Likes

Omg! I got the inverted a GT and exit correctly! So sloppy but i got it once! I’m gonna need another week at least!

1 Like

Im struggling to even get to the inverted GT so far. This is showing me how bad I am at slack management lol

3 Likes

Haven’t tried this one too much as it’s pretty far outside of my skill level. Got the first half down this morning but probably not going to complete it. Looking forward to tomorrow’s trick though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Anybody mastered the whip after the inverted GT?
IMO the hardest part. The last part is ok but the „double/720 whip“ is intense.
Just a fun trick idea I had will practicing:

4 Likes

This part has got me pretty stumped.

Up to that, i feel like a ninja.

2 Likes

This was a beast. It’s not super clean or as flashy as Angel but I got TAW week 2

12 Likes

Awesome congrats

2 Likes

Yeah pretty hard. But I really learned a lot from this trick how to whip/throw and build tension on slacks.
Will potentially take a year to digest all of this and get it smooth :smile:.

3 Likes

ayyyy!!!

omg! Finally getting to the inverted GT, its slow and clumsy but reliable lol

4 Likes

So i got the inverted GT this is as good as I’m getting it… well keep at it but i was pretty happy to hit this one so i filmed it.

14 Likes

Good Friday Trick-a-Week crew! My good friend @hesperaux showed me a very cool Ping-pong trick and i found a tutorial on it so i wanted to share it. It’s a bit easier then last week so I’m hoping we can post some videos and get back to last weeks trick for those that want to complete it.

PING-PONG

10 Likes

Excellent trick choice! This was quick and fun, I’m sure my ping pong will smooth out a bit more over time. Almost as satifying as Boingy Boing!

I’ll admit, I’m still struggling with “The Angel”, but I’ll keep at it for sure.

Friggin’ love fake knots, here’s my Week #3 submission:

12 Likes

That was fast! And i like the pac man insert! Well done very cool!
Exactly im hoping this gives everyone a victory and a chance to get Angels combo a bit more.

3 Likes