Trick-a-Week 2023 - #52 - Control Workshop

Actually not so bad…i started it today and it seems doable… in like 6 weeks hopefully :smile: :rofl: :joy: :laughing:

4 Likes

Yeah that is a trick which just lives by the flow. Will look $h*t without :joy:

3 Likes

My week 1 submission

9 Likes

likewise. but hey if we can learn even a fraction of it, that will be awesome.

EDIT: Here’s my work-in-progress transcription for first part of The Angel combo. It’s pretty similar to the explanation in the tutorial, but with some alterations so I don’t get as confused. Sharing here for anyone else who has a similar learning style to me:

3 Likes

I think i need longer string…

1 Like

I noticed that he feeds more string from the slack to the yoyo for the trapeze ( after the clockwise moves around the TH). Its not verbalized, but i see him do it in the breakdown.

Edit- its definitely in there. Looks like as the yoyo and slack circle around, some extra string is fed out of the slack - that way theres enough string for the trapeze

4 Likes

Getting through this inverted GT has got me on hold.

Edit

Got it now to smooth it out to that point. And then the rest of the combo

3 Likes

I just got through the first part, longer string helps for sure… feels good to throw some slacks around. Very cool trick to practice!

3 Likes

Also made it till the inverted GT :upside_down_face:. But not in Godspeed more like GrandmaSpeed :joy:.
Does anybody use nylon. I would guess that helps also.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m finding i can’t keep the torsion of my string neutral enough… i think i got the gt if i could keep the string neutral… family is away for the weekend, i haven’t had this much throwing time in … EVER!

3 Likes

Its taken some focus,but been so rewarding to hit this first section nice and flowy.

Still working on everything after the drop out of the inverted GT though.

I hope everyone is enjoying this ad much as i am.

5 Likes

Deff a fun one but i can’t seem to form the GT i think I’m rolling over my TH incorrectly.

1 Like

you need to make sure there is a twist on your throw hand index finger when rolling over your throw hand. i had to pause the video on the overhead view and make sure i had everything right before the roll

2 Likes

Thanks again! My 2022 Trick of the Week End of Year winnings!!!

9 Likes

Mike you are rolling over the hand incorrectly most probably, I learnt it yesterday because I was curious about the slack part with the hand crossed, I had a go at the whole combo, one of the secret for this combo is always have the bit of string “stuck” in your pinkie inside your hand, if you check the video he has always that bit stuck there, this help to go through the whole combo.

About the triangle part when you roll over your TH be careful that you “fake” the knot, the string basically roll and go out of your finger.
Throw the yoyo clockwise “inside” (so being closer to your chest) and then you can see that the finger does a sort of a hook that resolve itself, that’s the secret for the gt

7 Likes

Woohoo! Here’s my week #1 submission. Thanks for putting this on, I need to learn new tricks this year :muscle:

14 Likes

I spent some time learning inverted GT’s last night because I had never done one and knew it was a thing for this trick. Surprisingly easy to figure out =]

1 Like

Very nice!!! Love the semi squat on the hook lol

2 Likes

It’s all part of my slow build-up to leg day tomorrow :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I was trying a kendama trick the other day for about 20 minutes and started to break out in a sweat from all the semi squats lol.

Enjoy the Fulvia! Just put mine down :slight_smile:

3 Likes