Trick-a-Week 2023 - #52 - Control Workshop

I never did this one, looks easy enough. Thanks.

2 Likes

Looks fun!! Thanks!!!

2 Likes

Ooo fun I learned this but had forgotten what I was supposed to do exactly and then it all came flooding back! This is hard to stop repeating.

3 Likes

Just throwing it into a very basic combo!

6 Likes
9 Likes

Nice work @Kray love the consistency!!!

1 Like

Thanks. I actually testing how many I can do in a row. Very relaxing motion.

3 Likes

Been a hectic week, glad i got this on film. Back to the never ending catch up game :blush:.

10 Likes

Nice flow to finger grind!!

I’m trying to get this one to go into suspense!

1 Like

Happy Friday Trick-a-Week gang! Hope everyone enjoyed last week. Here’s this week’s pick, a little Slack a little tech a lot of cool…

Let’s have some fun!

16 Likes

Nice1

1 Like

Awesome!!

Dang, I’m so far behind :sob:
Week 5, Bonesplint:

Really enjoying this trick, gotta work on the transition to the bind more :upside_down_face:

11 Likes

This is just a fantastic trick the flow is so nice

1 Like

Love the Koffing! Almost as good as my Eevee one :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Okay I understand how everything in this trick mechanically works. The second slack wrap takes a bit of finesse to get it to actually line up and go all the way around, but that just a matter of practicing it more. For some reason I was really struggling to end in a formation where I could actually pop the yoyo up after the slack, I kept having the strings wrapped in a formation where the yoyo couldn’t go up from them, and I thought I might need to do a rejection that wasn’t mentioned in the video. I was overthinking it and simply not in the right formation lol.

I’m not even really sure what my problem was before, but now I’m doing everything properly. Just need to put this all together now and land it.

9 Likes

What’s really hard is to catch the small loop coming around second. The rest is doable. Two things I realized, first be carful that the string does not reject when you land on the front string in the beginning, second when you hop from the formation @mable described bring your thumb inward so the Yoyo has more slack and can „jump“ of the string. Hope that may help some of you.

2 Likes

I’m assuming the problem you’re talking about is when you’re trying to make the second slack loop come around you accidentally put an extra twist in the strings coming off your throwhand pinch or sometimes a wrap around the bearing, which puts you in a mount you can’t pop out of. If anyone is having this problem make sure to keep the yoyo on the inside of your throwhand when that second slack loop is coming around, it’s really easy to accidentally swing the yoyo around too much and put the extra twist in the strings. You can get away with it going a bit past your throwhand if you’re careful

1 Like

Close enough, really cool slack at the beginning.

8 Likes

I gonna steal this beginning like there is no tomorrow and no shame!

4 Likes