TP - Colony

(Thanks for the autograph, Takeshi!)
Even it was released 7 years ago, everyone would agree with the fact that its performance is still good.

I haven’t throwed Anubis so I am not 100% sure, but anyone who used both told me ‘Colony feels like more lighter Anubis’.

Colony is told to resemble the design of Takeshi’s previous signature, Palpitation, but TP has re-designed the weight balance of Colony similar to Anubis -which has become the basic design of next Takeshi’s signatures(even Palpitation ES’s shape is based on Colony)- and I think this is the reason why people says it feels like Anubis.

Basically it just moves like normal TP yoyos (light, comfortable control with heavy throw)but maybe because of the characteristic of previous TP yoyo’s bigger center compared with today (sorry for broken grammar again :frowning: ), it feels slightly different than TP yoyos which is realeased today.

What I really liked the most was well balanced size of outer rim

Colony’s MGSS version, Alnilam, has larger rim than colony, so it gives more spin power than colony does.

However due to its huge rim the control is much heavier than Colony does, and because Colony is outer rim bi-metal yoyo, it remains enough spin power that does not seems to be bothering its control ability.

In conclusion it has no exceptionally good factors compared to other yoyos from today, but it is still well-balanced yoyo with good performance.

3 Likes

Mmm colony is my top 3 TP!

3 Likes

6 Colony scares me XD