Toys for Tots Drive - YoYoExpert x YoYoFactory x Uncle Gibb

2018-12-11-Toys-Tots-Feature-final2

Back in 2015 our very good friend ‘Gibb’ had an idea and reached out to us about making a donation to Toys for Tots and we couldn’t have been more excited. Every year we have matched his donation and have donated between 50 to 100 yo-yos each year! We wanted to open this up to the community and try to make this our biggest donation year ever. Together YoYoExpert, Gibb, and YoYoFactory have teamed up to make your donation really count. For every $6 donation made we will donate a total of 4 SpinStars!

We have both a public and anonymous option for your donations. Public donations will be listed and thanked by name in our final announcement. Otherwise your name will be left anonymous if you choose that option instead.

Special thanks to Gibb and YoYoFactory and YOU for making this possible! We will be splitting the donations of yo-yos between Arizona and Massachusetts so both East Coast & West Coast! Let’s make this a big year! Join us now! Last day to donate is December 18th!

In return for your generosity we will send you a one time 10% off code to use in January !!

17 Likes

Such a great thing! Six bucks gets FOUR yoyos into the hands of kids that aren’t as fortunate as some.

12 Likes

Great idea. This should stay at the top of the topics. One of these tots may be on a trading card one day! All that’s important is that kids will be happy in a sometimes seemingly UNhappy world.

9 Likes

Agreed. Pinned.

10 Likes

I’m in!! Great cause.

9 Likes

Bump

2 Likes

This will make many kids happy. This is going to be great. This isn’t a BST but this deserves to have a bump. I personally will bump this every day.

2 Likes

It’s a pinned topic, so it’s already forced to the top of everyone’s topic list (until they’ve viewed it once).

1 Like

Ohhhhhhhhh thanks

3 Likes

2018 Toys for Tots Holiday Drive Update!

Wanted to make sure I got back around to do the big update here! I cannot begin to tell everyone how amazing it felt to be able to drop off these yo-yos off for donation. The yo-yo community came in on our Toys for Tots drive in a BIG way! In total we had 96 donations to the toys for tots drive!

Meaning in total we donated an astounding 384 yo-yos!!!

We split the donation between ourselves in Massachusetts (we dropped off at two different locations hoping to spread the love a bit), and then YoYoFactory donated their half at a local drop site in Arizona! And we also sent a contingent out to New York State where someone local there made a big Toys for Tots Drive.

IMG_1608

IMG_3898

We are thinking for next year it might be fun to organize a little more in advance and have some different people offer different locations. We will see!

Public Donations were made by the following awesome individuals:

• Leslie Hurley
  • Brian Kearley
  • Zac Carlin
  • Jeff Atwood
  • Daniel Lohin
  • Raymond Reese
  • Bryan Fiege
  • John Cooper
  • Andrew Rae-Bayer
  • Michael Cady
  • Preston Werner
  • James Honaker
  • Jon Timmer

Thank you again for everyone who donated (both publicly and privately). I hope we showed a few kids the joy of what you can do with a modern yo-yo. You never know when you might just have created that future world champion!

7 Likes

Excellent! Great job everyone! Thanks @AndreBoulay and Yoyo Factory!

2 Likes

:raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

Kids need yo-yos!

4 Likes

Good to see the “Yoyodrive” concept in effect still.

Wish more people did it in our community to spread yoyos.

~Zammy

3 Likes