Totally new kind of Swirl Ano

It takes about an hour and a half, just like typical anodizing. Its just the dye process is different. And this type has to be done one at a time. You cant do them rack-wise like with other types.

This is coming to One Drop yoyos very soon

4 Likes

I figured one drop or another company would get in on thisā€¦

Side note: that kendama is a result of dyed laminated wood. Each of those coloured sections will be dyed all the way through, not just on the surface. :slight_smile:

greg i think you posted in the wrong threadā€¦

I posted something about cool kendama grain earlier in the thread, so perhaps he was commenting on that.

Ooh

Yes, but I was also wrong. I didnā€™t notice the accompanying text. Itā€™s the outside thatā€™s colored after all. :smiley:

Laminated dyed kens and tamas look dope, though.

How soon you thinkinā€™? Any chance it will be on Vanguards or Gauntlets? My boys are both begging for their own unresponsive throws. Or if itā€™s on a MarkMont I may need something for myself. :wink:

I may need to take another road trip to Eugene.

GN Yoyo Co Phoenix!

1 Like

This blew my mind just like that jet.com commercial.

poof

Wow looks great! I tried to contact you on your website awhile back to get a yoyo done. No response.

Email him at sales@gruntbull.com. He got back to me pretty quickly by PM on here, as well.

Just fantastic! Iā€™m a cheapskate who tends to shy away from paying extra for fancy Ano, this is a definite exception.

1 Like

Oooh pretty! Fantastic job!

1 Like

2 color swirl on an ink pen.

WHOA! These keep getting better and better

1 Like

Reminds me very much of the hydro dipping process as far as the way it looks. Though it is probably a modified version of that process as it tends to take time to get dyes that opaque to set in. Really neat though. Iā€™m dabbling in anodization myself and have been having trouble just finding out basic stuff online for many of the processes. Lots of experimentation, this is fantastic work though!

1 Like

Herokumo,

Here are a few good books on anodizing:

The Surface Treatment and Finishing of Aluminum and Its Alloys, 6th Edition
Sheasby and Pinner

• Expensive , but well worth it. Older editions are less pricey and still useful.
  • Heavy on theory

Artists Anodizing Aluminum: The Sulfuric Acid Process
David LaPlantz

• Out of print so price fluctuates wildly. Focuses only on anodizing. You might be able to get this one from your local library?
  • Much practical information.
2 Likes

thatā€™s awesome!

1 Like