TopYo Dominator Restock! New Colors!

9 Likes

that be looking hot!!! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

I was considering grabbing one of the new red ones until I remembered how over-lit the YYE photos always are, and that “wine red” actually means it will be more like my “burgundy” Hummingbird, which is pretty dark. What I’d really prefer is something in a bright “cherry red” (solid, not splash).

3 Likes

Ohhh you done done it now son @YoYoExpertGarrett

3 Likes

I’ll take a dark unedited picture for you tomorrow my man. No trouble.

7 Likes

I have one of these and it’s a really good all-around yo-yo

3 Likes

I’ll 2nd @moby323 I haven’t played with it a ton just yet, but it feels a looooot lighter than I thought it would!

2 Likes

Here ya go @zslane - One bad picture made to order. :wink:

14 Likes

It says “Matte Red Wine” so I would think it is a dark red.

2 Likes

Depends on the wine, really. :grapes:

3 Likes

I guess so.

Yeah, totally.

The photo above doesn’t make it look that dark though, which is good; I just might grab one.

1 Like

Thank you! Very much appreciated.

(BTW, in my book, good photos are those that represent their subjects accurately. Over-lighting a product shot in an attempt to make it look “beautiful” is not good, it is misleading.)

2 Likes

I’m not “over-lighting” anything and I’m certainly not intentionally misleading you, some colors are just hard to photograph accurately. Teals and burgundys are the most difficult to get accurate, at least that’s my experience with my current equipment. We discussed this in Jordans photography thread a little.

All of the other 3 colors in that photo are pretty dead on in both photos. The wine/burgundy (as I look at it right now, at my desk, with poor lighting) actually has some more brownish hues than either photo shows. And i’m guessing neither of them will be as accurate as you would like them to be. :man_shrugging:

But, with that said - If you’re ever disappointed with a color or if a yo-yo ever arrives “not as expected” I will be more than happy to take care of it for you. Just send a PM. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Here’s a revised photo to correct the Red, I’ll update the first post as well.

4 Likes

I’m also interested in getting one. Is it pretty stable and smooth? It seem to be very identical to Duncan’s upcoming BarracudaX that Brian Jardin mentioned in the Duncan Facebook post. However the Dominator seems to have a wider width if I read the specs right.

1 Like

It is stable and smooth for sure

2 Likes

Smoothness is going to vary from yoyo to yoyo, but my Dominator is about as smooth as any other bimetal I own. It is very stable and very powerful, which can take you by surprise a little given how light it is (64g). It is one of my favorite bimetals, and at $70 I feel it is an absolute steal.

3 Likes

I agree with the above posts as well! I’ve played with it a lot more in the last 2 days, and it’s prettu great! It’s my first bimetal so I was expecting a much heavier feel on the string. Although it feels lighter than most of my other yo-yos, and surprisingly long spin time given how light it feels

1 Like

I found it for $49 which is an incredible value.

If I were to compare how it plays the closest I have to it is the YoYoRecreation Inevitable.

I’m not saying it is as good as that I’m saying it plays similarly. Still, at $50 it’s got to be as good as any yo-yo ever sold at that price.

1 Like