Titanium Peak - A Comprehensive Review ***Updated Sept 5 2017***

Do you still love it today? I don’t know why I got the clyw bug this year and the prices of og peaks have put it as such that I can’t really afford one or rather I figure I think instead of getting a peak I will just get a ti-peak as paying 200$ for a beat up peak seems crazy to me!

2 Likes

I managed to snag a Ti-Peak a few months ago and I’ve got to say it’s my favourite yoyo I own.

I’m a really big fan of the Peak and Peak 2. The original is pure joy to throw, always find myself picking it up for a few tricks now and then and it’s a great throw. The Peak 2 is a fantastic updated version of the original and it’s still widely available which makes it even more appealing. Easier to play than the original, probably due to the lower wall in the more modern design, but I feel it still captures the feel of the Peak.

Now the Ti-Peak is just on another level. It’s like it has all the best bits taken from the original and the Peak 2 and they’ve crammed it into one yoyo. Still has the classic shape but is a lot lighter than the original. The inner hub area is more like the Peak 2 as it has thinner rims. It still has the high wall like the original but once you put a centre track bearing, it really does improve spintime. It can handle several layers of string but if you have thicker slackier string then it might want to grab. It has slipped out of my pocket once and it bounced on the concrete making a great noise, but thankfully it only made a small mark and added no vibe. A aluminum throw would have been a bit messed up if it had the same accident. Overall, it really is a real pleasure to throw and if I wasn’t too scared of loosing it, I would have it with me every day.

The Peak and peak 2 two of my favorite YoYos out there but if I was only allowed to have one yoyo, it would be the Ti-Peak. I’d get one if you can!

3 Likes

I did end up having to sell mine in order to get a prized throw i should not hve sold back into my collection. It was a worthy sacrifice and would be happy to get another TiPeak back into my bag. I do love that throw.

That being said, Sputnik, TiHawk, and TiVayder all fill that “premium O” spot in my collection, if the time was right, id likely pay for another one. Its a solid piece of art that plays very well.

4 Likes