Titanium 888 crowdfunding is live!

I’d get one if I didnt just get the vayder. Oh well, I’ll be content with just trying one, as I have an 07 higby

Fair enough. The statement is subjective.
I have been playing since 2007, so hype doesn’t effect me. I have probably spent more time throwing 888s than any other throw.
That said, my experience is not lacking. I have thrown hundreds upon hundred of yoyos. I may in fact, be near a 4 digit number.
Im stickin to my story. 90%

1 Like

Yeah I think you guys are veering from reality a bit here.

You absolutely can’t discount the progress that has been made in YoYo design since then. I’m not saying it isn’t a great throw, and I’m not saying that it still can’t hold its own. But to say it outperforms 90% of new throws is at the very least a questionable statement.

Then again, Mr. Arctic Circle 2 (that’s me) is probably the last person to question a person’s affinity for a particular throw lol.

8 Likes

This is a really cool project concept. Definitely to rich for my blood though. I still cant believe I spent 150 on a yoyo last month, lol

5 Likes

I would say the Vayder is in many ways kind of a better 888, although more akin to the larger 888 DNA.

That doesn’t take anything away from the 888, mostly it’s just undersized now (more so than the Walker / Vayder). It is a very VERY good yo-yo and an indisputable all time classic. Everyone should own at least one 888.

8 Likes

I’m trying! Everyone go buy my stuff for sale so I can get an 888 forever! Or at least enough so I can hunt down a regular one.

7 Likes

Can we confirm that this Ti 888 is like the 07 888 shape or no? I ask because the frustrating thing about most 888s since the 07 version is that they lack the smooth curve down to the response that the 07 888 had. And I never understood why because that seemed like a really important part of the design that made the 07 888 so loved.

3 Likes

Rubbish.

6 Likes

By everything else that you call good and your general tastes, this doesn’t make any sense to me that you like it so much.

3 Likes

Specs and shape wise it’s identical to the 2007 888. Weight distribution and stuff has obviously been altered for titanium, but I trust it’ll largely be very similar if not better. Also, the 888 pretty clearly hyped up due to nostalgia, most the yoyos in the market would out perform the 2007 888. That being said, a bootleg 888 was one of my first metals ever, so this is almost a dream.

8 Likes

The 888 and Walker couldn’t be any different from each other. 2 totally different yoyos that can not be compared to each other for a number of reasons.

3 Likes

ITT: 50/50 split between “It’s all hype, modern jo’s are better!” and “OMFG 888 YAAAASSSS”

I have no opinion, but I do want the Ti version because I want Ti versions of everything.

Not sure about that. The gap area seems to have a larger “wall” than the OG 07 ones had. These had almost no wall at all.

7 Likes

That’s what I was afraid of. I mean, sure it will be a nice yoyo, but why not bring back the no-wall 07 888 gap for the new Ti version?

1 Like

Said by Ben that it’s the exact same profile as the 2007 888, here’s a better angle. Also, lines are always gonna be sharper on the CAD than on the finished product. I think it’ll be identical once the product is made.

8 Likes

Even better pic here. I’d say the wall is basically the same in the CAD and this.

6 Likes

Ahh, I hadn’t actually clicked the link to see who started it.

Now I’m probably going to get one lol

1 Like

What did I just buy? Saw that there was only 1 available and I couldn’t click fast enough while literally boarding a roller coaster at Disney World. Is it even titanium? Now the link is grey and I can’t click it. Did I just make a huge score?

6 Likes

you dastardly dog

1 Like

Not titanium. I did a quick read of it earlier, it is an old one from 08 that has been in a drawer for a decade. Waiting for this special occasion. Pretty neat little piece of yo history ide say. That is also from memory from a quick read so I could 100% not remember correctly, lol

1 Like