Throwers: “Moby shut up about the Arctic Circle 2, it’s nothing special” Also throwers: “OMG the Cadence is the best yo-yo EVAHR...”

6 Likes

That arctic circle.colorway is so nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not seeing it. They’re not exact and it’s a relatively common general shape. And the shape doesn’t tell you exactly how the weight is distributed.

Looking again, there’s relatively significant differences in how the rims extend and the slope down to the gap.

1 Like

Isn’t it though?

It’s “Ashberry”

Btw I saw CLYW say they are going to do more Ashberry throws soon

2 Likes

I’m not claiming they are identical, just that they are similar. The Cadence is 0.2 mm wider and weighs 0.3 grams more

1 Like

Yeah but there are a ton of similar spec’d yo-yos out there that don’t play alike. I do get that it’s kind of an ongoing meme for you though so by all means continue.

2 Likes

Can you take a closer shot of the caps of this throw when you get a chance?

1 Like

These are really not similar.

8 Likes

I agree. But the fact that other yo-yos are similar doesn’t affect the fact that these two are also similar.

And they do play similar. In fact, if I were to pick two throws in my collection that play the most alike, it would be these two (granted my collection is not enormous).

I’m glad about it to be honest, the Cadence is a great throw, they still make it, and it is significantly cheaper.

1 Like

Good man :joy::joy:

But yeah, I gotta agree, not really similar at all

2 Likes

Fair enough

6 Likes

”I get that it’s an ongoing meme for you so by all means continue”

I do believe I shall.

1 Like

Also if Cadence was the “best yoyo EVAR” then why did they release the Cadence ES? :thinking:

Honestly the Recess Charm is better than both of them. Oh yeah I went there. And it’s the truth!

fight me

6 Likes

Hey man don’t stand next to me when you say that, I don’t want to be collateral damage.

2 Likes

Did we ever had a consensus about which was the best yoyo ever? Is there a thread or something about that?

4 Likes

It’s a quagmire

2 Likes

Wasn’t it the Ti-Walker? :stuck_out_tongue:

Honestly though, there is no best yoyo.

3 Likes

The best yoyo is a Duncan, we know that for sure, because if it isn’t a Duncan it isn’t a yoyo…

2 Likes

Today on “Yoyos that look like the AC2 more than the Cadence does”.

CLYW Avalanche

clyw-avalanche

CLYW x OD Summit

Yoyofficer Vector (a pretty freaking good yoyo actually)

Yoyozhiriz Symphony

CLYW Manatee (literally a widened AC2)

clyw-manatee

7 Likes