Throwers Community Video Submission Deadlines/Guidlines

Throwers,

I’m reaching out to the community to see if we can get together and create a really cool video promoting our hobby/sport/career/living. I tried this two years ago in r/throwers and just didn’t get enough response. To those of you who sent me clips before, thank you so much, and I hope you’ll try to do so again. This will not be limited to r/throwers, however, and anyone who’s ever thrown a yoyo is welcome to participate. I will be posting this message on r/throwers, the Facebook YoYo BST, and YYE forums, and you’re welcome to share it with anyone or anywhere you see fit.

To yoyo manufacturers, creators, and sellers: If you’re willing to share this on your social media outlets and website I’d be happy to include your name/logo/url in a “special thanks” or “made possible by” section at the end. Just get in touch with me at talk@drake-evans.com - if you guys could tag anyone you know at any of the companies we love so they see this, that would be awesome. I want to get this to as many people as we can.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to use everyone’s video. I want to make this feel a touch classier than a standard trick circle, so the better quality of the footage, the more likely you are to get in. That being said, SKILL WILL NOT BE A DECIDING FACTOR. Even a sleeper can get in this video. I’m no pro myself, and I’m hoping to sneak something in. If for some reason I don’t use your footage, you will STILL be credited at the end of the video.

I’ve talked to Jordan (who is making the follow up r/throwers video) and he’s cool with me making this. I think it’s great that r/throwers does their own video, and I think it’s a wonderful advertisement for the sub. I would love to see anyone in his video in this one and vice versa. They are not meant to compete at all and have different goals. I hope to offset the release of each of the videos, so we don’t take away the spotlight from either one.

Lets make something really cool together.

Video Guidelines:

Video submission guidelines: For the video I need 1080p, 720p, or higher footage. Preferably more than 30fps (for those of you who don’t know what that means, no worries - just forget I said it OR use your iPhone’s slo-mo mode). The video MUST be landscape. iPhone 5/5s/6/6s/6+/6s+ are all GREAT for recording tricks, just set it on something sturdy and record through your main camera (NOT your FaceTime or front-facing camera). If you’d like to also include additional footage of your hometown, you and your friends hanging around and throwing, or just some cool B-roll, that would be awesome too! Some of you do some really interesting shots and they look great, however I’d love to avoid poorly lit (and dirty) bedrooms/basements. If you’ve got a mess in the background, it takes away from your skills! Go outside! Or go somewhere interesting in your city! Go downtown and shoot in a cool alley! Lets make this video look as good as your tricks do.

Sending in your video: Feel free to email me at talk@drake-evans.com. If your email client allows it, you can just email the video. Otherwise we-transfer is a great site for sending anything under 2gb for free. If all else fails, I can send you a dropbox link to upload to OR you can upload to your dropbox and send ME the link. If you’re having issues trying to figure out how to send it, feel free to contact me.

Video submission deadline: Friday April 8th, 2016
Video file requirements: 720p or 1080p resolution and higher / high FPS preferred / film in a well-lit area!

Please include your first and last name as well as your location (city, state, country) with your submission

Email or WeTransfer submissions to talk@drake-evans.com

Email or message me for more information.

Original post with full video details can be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Throwers/comments/4cfj1a/throwers_join_in_helping_us_create_a_huge/

1 Like

I’m in!

I will try to get you something by the end of the week. Do you have a deadline?

No deadline yet. I will repost this message next week. Hoping to get the video out within the next month or so, so clips are preferred to be submitted within the next two weeks.

YYE Members, sorry if I don’t reply here quickly, I’m not on YYE every day. If you need to get in touch feel free to email me any time.

talk@drake-evans.com

Sounds like fun! I will try to make a video sometime hope you get a good turn out!

Sounds like a fun idea. I’m game.

Awesome! Time to come up with something. How long does the video need to be?

Sounds awesome! I’ll try and get something filmed if I can. ;D

Just FYI - As cool an idea as this is, please try not to make any more new topics regarding it (until the video itself is actually made that is). I’ve merged all the previous topics/details into one thread here so everything can be kept track of easier. :slight_smile:

1 Like