'Throw Grace, Catch Joy'

(admittedly i’ve always been more adept at the latter.)

here’s a fun little trick video (i think) featuring the ‘PPR’ version of the new SPYY Ronin, a yo-yo that has been ‘mostly hypothetical’ since i started designing it in late 2007. after years of “why-don’t we’s” and “hey-we-should-really’s”, Steve Buffel once again transformed my off-the-wall musings into an eminently playable throw which feels simultaneously daring and stable.

the shiny version will be on sale direct from spyy at nats this weekend, with the production release (appropriately enough)… in production.

hope you dig the video, and the yo-yo, too.

for the Sector_Y types (honestly, the best type).
and for the youtube types

1 Like

Just like always, I loved it.
The way you film your videos is so creative, and so clean.
And the outlook you have on yoyoing (or even, life) is so refreshing, and inspiring. I can’t help but smile while watching any of your videos, and no matter how down I am, you keep me up to say everything is wonderful.

Great video.

1 Like

That was Amazing. That was the best video i’ve seen from you :o

From all the Ed videos I have watched, I’ve made this conclusion: Ed loves to yoyo, he does it everywhere and it is obvious that he is having fun with it. THis shows in your videos Ed, so keep making them.

I love seeing the Ronin getting into production.

You’ve got some very innovative concepts. Great flying eel stuff too. Just smooth some stuff out and you’ll be dope as hell.

Great video! What’s the song?

thanks for watching. song is ‘light and day’ by the polyphonic spree.