There are so many good yoyos on the market: how do YOU know when its just right ;)

^^ this

3 Likes

This. And sometimes a bearing change, too.

1 Like

Yes string and bearing pairing

1 Like

Same! Can’t beat the way organics feel in the hands. You have to try the Batsquatch

2 Likes

That’s a pretty good standard, I think. If you like a yoyo enough to buy it more than once, it must be something special.

I would still say there’s more to it than that, though, because sometimes there’s a yoyo that really clicks with you but isn’t being made anymore or you’re just content with one, and I wouldn’t say that isn’t your favorite just because you only bought one.

For example, I bought a Freshly Dirty Moldy Bread from @x0mb and it instantly clicked with me, one of my favorite yoyos ever. But I’m content with just having one, because I don’t want to scour the BST looking for other colorways when I like the one I have.

But on the other hand, I own every colorway of the Circle City Yoyos Warhawk, partly because it’s my favorite yoyo ever but mostly just because it was the first yoyo I got to help prototype and I was working with them through the whole process, so I wanted to get the whole collection to commemorate that.

I guess this basically boils down to “I agree, but also I don’t” :joy:

3 Likes

Best advice when getting a new yoyo is to toss the stock string, pads, axle, and bearing and send what’s left to be re-anodized. I do this 99% of the time.

1 Like

The answer to the question is the G2 Banshee SS. That yoyo is just right

1 Like

Really I’d say the only way to truly find whether a yoyo works for you or not is to send it to a machine shop and have them totally redesign it, otherwise you’re basically just guessing.

1 Like