Therapin, KonKave, Centre Trac, Crucial Grooved or Terrapin X Bearing

Nope.

I’ve got the dif e yo ceramic concave, and I love it! I’m a noob here what is kk and terrapin?

you have a ceramic kk bearing and you dont know what it is : its the stainless steel version of a konkave, terrapin is a very slight flat konkave.

just stop saying “nope” and stuff like “it really didn’t.” ok guys here is the thing. it isn’t the type of bearing. i have this flat bearing from i don’t know where that i got in a trade for a punchline. on a flick i can spin it for 30 seconds. that is 22 more than any of my other bearings. i think that something just worked. it could happen for a kk or a centertrack or a teripin or a 10 ball or an AGIR or whatever. if you think it improves spin time because of the shape, you are probably mistaken. some bearings just happen to work better randomly. just like how some are defected. all i do know is that kks make multiple string layers die faster and it is a little slipier on a bind.

I’ve used terrapin x ceramic (size C), konkave ceramic (size C), and center trac (size C) in my yuuksta.

The smoothest and quietest is terrapin x, but it doesn’t fit as snugly on the axle as the other two. This causes VERY SLIGHT vibe if the yoyo isn’t tightened properly (for 1/2 A play). Ceramic terrapin x’s are not the same as ceramic konkaves. Terrapins have bigger balls and thinner outer wall (about as thin as a yoyojam bearing’s outer wall). 8 minute sleep time. 18 second flick test

konkave fits snugly, is still quiet and equally smooth. It comes with metal particles inside the bearing and must be cleaned out before using it. It has very thin metal inner shields to hold the balls in place. As a result, the bearing locked up after 3 weeks of play. I suggest against this bearing because it dies quickly. 10 minute sleep time (20 second sleep time after it locked). 40 second flick test

Center trac is not quiet because it comes DRY. Once lubed, it is not as loud as rumors suggest. It’s about as loud as a yoyojam bearing, when inside the yoyo. It fits snugly, doesn’t sleep as long as the konkave, and isn’t ceramic. 6 minute sleep time. 25 second flick test

Verdict: terrapin X or center trac are both nice. Pick the shape you like more.

IMO the flick test isn’t accurate because some bearings have thicker (heavier) outside walls, thus causing more bearing “rim weight”. In a yoyo, however, the bearing’s “rim weight” doesn’t affect how smooth it plays or how long it sleeps.

You must have been doing something wrong if the bearing locked up in 3 weeks. I’ve had koncaves for months and months and none of them locked up.

But, at least, thank you for giving some more reasoning than “get the kk its good.”

“Bearings are all variable. That, and people do stupid stuff to them.” ~Kyo