The YoyoExpert Forums Old School Trick Contest! Starts August 12th - Ends September 30th

If you don’t have a responsive yoyo, you might be able to make a non-responsive one responsive with too much lube or Vaseline in the bearing.

1 Like

That will work provided it’s not too wide, in my experience. Really wide “responsive” yo-yos are… uh… no bueno

1 Like

That makes me think…is each contestant required to use the same yoyo for the entire two minutes? Some yoyos will make some of those tricks easier and won’t work as well with others. i.e. washing machine is probably easier on a wider yoyo.

1 Like

Our original idea was for the routine to be done with a single yoyo and without clips edited together. I think that wouldn’t be that restrictive, since the yoyo you need to use is responsive after all.

2 Likes

So I’m not sure how to interpret that. :slight_smile: A single yoyo is the rule?

Yes. A single yoyo is the rule. Sorry if my wording above is confusing lol.

1 Like

No worries, it was probably only confusing to me lol.

1 Like

The only reaponsives I have are a Yomega Fireball and a YYf Legend Wing :joy:
Though I can borrow a responsive One Star off of a friend lol. I’ll spread the news too!

2 Likes

Man I haven’t seen that video in a while, it’s what sparked my passion for yo-yoing. It’s funny I can remember seeing Doc Pop doing the matrix as a kid thinking “I wonder if I’ll never be good for enough to land that” haha. I look forward to seeing how all this turns out. :grinning:

5 Likes

So, is this kind of a responsive trick ladder?

4 Likes

hold up I lied I forgot about my Deep State
F

If worst comes to worst I could always run my Flight responsive…

5 Likes

Kind of. You can choose the trick you want to do and the order you want them to be in.

4 Likes

I’m in

7 Likes

Lol, you can probably do the whole list in two minutes!

7 Likes

It’s over for everyone

5 Likes

F
(filler words probably)

1 Like

Contest starts today Ladies and Gentlemen! Let’s get practicing and recording those routines!
Remember. This contest will run from August 12th to September 12th. This is the time any participants have to submit their routines in this thread!

Don’t get lazy!

4 Likes

Weekly reminder to practice and enter the contest! Theres 25 days left until the contest ends!

I’ll leave you with a low quality poster I made to promote the contest on IG.

3 Likes

I missed this earlier. No forward pass? Come on, friend! Get on the responsive trolley! You’re missing a whole world. Honest to god, flyaway dismounts remain one of the funnest ways to end a trick. Not everything should require a bind. Responsive is good times.

5 Likes

I started out responsive and have played fixed axle and can loop

I was responding to darverok saying he’s never used a responsive before

3 Likes