The Walter

high five! hope you dig it.

Ok - I’ll chime in here. The Walter is both responsive and unruly. The unpredictability of how much response you will get is part of the fun. It’s like playing with a renegade again!

Cannot say enough good things about the Flying V - but as noted, not really designed group-up as a fully responsive yo-yo.

That being said - converting bearing yo-yos to responsive play is often far too much maintenance work with lubing and maintaining pad response systems that wear out quickly. For example, the Cold Fusion came with a wooden axle, but the pads wore out so quickly that the response was flaky notwithstanding the solid axle.

The trick is finding those few late 90’s/early 00’s yo-yos that were intended as responsive without resorting to unmanageable response systems (brake pads/Playmaxx, bath stickers/Custom). The first edition Custom Chain Reactor with the wooden composite axle is very fun. As is the SB1. Also, don’t overlook the butterfly ProYos and Spintastics Mantas that were sold with the wooden axle. The Manta is an especially fun player, as it has modern balance and weight rings.

Does anyone here happen to own Walter #10? If you do, please PM me, I’d like to make you an offer for it ;D

Wow Flying V looks fun. Enjoy!

God, I’m old. Because anytime people bring up the name Walter, I can only think of this guy:

“God will get you for that, Walter”

I have Walter 97 and I love it! Buy one if you can. Lots of fun!

Finally, after almost a year of searching, Walter has been found ;D Love this yoyo!

https://scontent-atl.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/l/t51.2885-15/11018427_1088015311214832_1709740426_n.jpg

congrats aaron… the battle is finally over.

now what next…

I don’t have many duplicate yoyo’s, the ones that I do have an extra of are ones that I really love, I’d like to get another Walter, a “standard” black one, but I won’t be searching like I have been. Just wait til one pops up, or one of the people I’ve contacted in the past offer the one they own.

Yes, the Manta Ray is a good one. I have 3 of them.