The Speed Combo Thread

I want to contribute. Pretty new combo, only started working on some of these elements recently

^ a revamp of the one below

7 Likes

Holy cow!

1 Like

Yesssss this is fire. That suicidey element is awesome.

1 Like

thanks man, means a lot :pray:

Player Highlight #1: Jakub Dekan WYYC2015.

3 Likes

I love speed combos but I still struggle in holding any consistent speed and remaining accurate. Right now I like to practice something simple like the repeater superflow and just see how many times I can do it fast before failing, but I still feel slow.

2 Likes

Player Highlight #2: Angelo Aguirre.

Imgur

6 Likes

Doing combos quickly takes mastering each element you intend on doing fast. That way you can focus on the absolute speed, and not simply landing them in the first place.

2 Likes

If I could do speed combos I would definitely be doing speed combos.

3 Likes

Yeah the key to speed is doing a trick uncomfortably fast that you’re almost losing control. And keep practicing that pace until it becomes comfortable. Then repeat. That’s how Mickey and other past asian players get to a ridiculous speed.

Damb this man has corn-rows :exploding_head:

1 Like

@yoyoingsonic is flowy fast

1 Like

everyone knows this right?
Ayumu finally does a speed combo in competition at 2:56
1 Like

Spent the last few hours getting this down, it really felt good seeing all the elements build on each other, by the time I figured out last section I had the beginning commited to memory through all the repetitions and at about 80% speed too.

Makes me wish I had seen that tuto before I fell off the wagon in 2015ish, speed combos seemed so impossible back then, but if rusty me can do it now, I could have done it then.

2 Likes

Nice job Johnny!

1 Like

Any thoughts?

5 Likes

Super nice. I’d say you only need to practice it until exhaustion to acquire that sweet muscle memory.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Dude you are amazing. Just found this thread. I thought my phone was pt of focus my first time watching. Vey fast and very smooth.

1 Like

Really? Are the people not good enough, or do they just say they prefer not to?

1 Like