The Player Who Broke Competitive YOYO

The Rules (Don’t) Matter

I just found this looking for Hajime Miura videos. Very interesting and so well done.

@andy569 i see you! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

this is a great video, me and my philosophy professor had a great conversation on how to quantify an unquantifiable subject like “coolness”

2 Likes

I saw that lol. I’m pretty passionate about comp history and yoyo history so it was funny seeing a cameo of me in both this and the Draup doc :joy: That was a great video. I wish there were more videos on comp history like this. I feel like history is slowly being lost with time.

2 Likes

I was at the 2019 WYYC and saw this routine. The atmosphere during and after the routine was absolutely electric and just felt different than the other competitors. After he finished spectators were standing in chairs, hugging each other and losing their minds like nothing else I saw that weekend. You may not be able to quantify cool with points and clicks, but it can certainly be felt.

2 Likes

None of this is cool in a room full of giraffe! They just don’t care.

Now when it’s in a room for of enthusiasts and the rumble is unmistakable…. It would be cool to able to add this to the score.

Maybe the system will evolve because of this.