The Official Yoyo Terminology Glossary

not to revive an old post, not my first forum so i know its a sin, but i did see a terms missing from the page.

Sideplay
Stringplay
Sleep
Gyro
Bind
Mount
Dismount
Flyaway Dismount
Tilt (that thing we all hate to have to correct when we dont use a konkave or CenterTrac bearing)
Rigidity in Space: this is not an official term but it is the science behind the way yoyo’s work. therefore IMO is relevant.

thats all i can think of right off hand. <---- no pun intended

Fixed Axle/Fixie - A yoyo that has a solid axle as opposed to a transaxle or bearing. Examples of these would be a Duncan Imperial, No Jive 3-in-1, ProYo/Fly

Transaxle - A plastic or nylon sleeve that fits around the axle reducing friction for sleeping, doesn’t sleep as long as a bearing

Centering Bearing - A bearing that has a groove in it as well as outside walls that slope upward keeping the string in the dead center of the bearing, improving spin times. Examples would be Dif-E-Yo Konkave or Center Track Bearing

Hybrid Response - A yoyo that uses half starburst response and half silicone/o-ring response.

Auto Return/Clutch - A yoyo with a centrifugal clutch mechanism that will bind the transaxle when spinning RPM decreases, automatically returning to your hand. Also known as a “Brain” due to the popularity of Yomega’s auto return yoyos.

String Tension - The twist in your string. Neutral string tension allows for slack tricks. You can check your string tension by letting your string (unwound) hang. If it begins to twist, your string tension is no longer neutral.

What about OG?

Original Gangsta

I once had a grooved centertrac bearing… it had a nasty habit of cutting my strings… never again. -_- so i just use standered konkave 10 ball bearings. im not even that heavy into the yoyo community… But i like my stuff to work properly… so i spend the extra coin.

What about heft/float?