The Life of Foxy (My dog)

Foxy is now resting in peace. She was put to sleep. I will never forget her, I swear. She was a god send. I am happy to have had her as my dog. Thank you all for the support.

1 Like

It’s true that you will never forget her. By remembering and celebrating all the good times (and sometimes having a laugh about the occasional bit of mischief!), she will live on forever in your heart.

Oh no… :’( :-X :’(

How is the rest of the family taking it?

Didn’t mean to thank you there, quote button is too close. But, on topic, that’s sad to hear. My family decided to put down my dog because we knew he was just in too much pain, and figured it would be inhumane to make him endure any more. It’s true, letting go like that is so hard. I’ll never forget the day he was put down. Always keep them in your heart. You can’t bring them back, but be happy knowing that they spent their life happily with you. Remember all the fun times, and don’t forget them. It’s never easy losing a loved one.

I am so sorry Stewart. These days inevitably come to each one who shares their life with a loving companion animal and each time it is always difficult. It is in knowing the privilege you speak of having had her in your life that will bring you lasting comfort. Remember always the unconditional love she gave and know that love was just the reflection she had known from you.

May the coming days be filled with blessings of an abundance of wonderful memories of your precious dog. We are additionally sorry your loss had to come in this time of holiday season.

My family is taking it fairly well. Even though Mg dad never shows emotion, hes taking it the worst, I know. My mom finally stopped sobbing. We know shes now at peace. Foxy always was.

I understand the feeling. :-[ :-\ :cry:

Sorry man but at least you know where she is in a place where he is running around chasing rabbits.

1 Like

i once had a dog that would never try to run away, and almost never barked. he had some stuff coming out of his ears, and he went to the vet, that was the last time i saw him. he was put to sleep when i was 4-5. my grandma also had a dog that made her life more joyfull, and made my dog’s life more joyfull. they would run around the pool together and play.
I know what it feels like and I am sorry for you.

~myself

This is sort of weird, but, even with Foxy passing, we know she would want us to be happy…And with Shiloh moping, we (My mom and I, since my dad works from 2 pm till 11 pm) went on impulse to the dog shelter. I found this rather plain looking German shepherd mix that just looked at me quietly every time I passed her. We took her outside the building, for a quick stroll, and she livened up. She just felt like a good match. I can’t explain. She is ours now. We signed the paper work and everything. Once she has all her shots and vaccinations, we will take her home. She’s only 5 months old, but she just seemed right. I dunno how to explain it.

I decided on her name, Perdita.  it means lost one in Latin, as she almost seemed lost in thought when I saw her.  solid brown and black dogs rarely get adopted, and she was going to be euthanized on the 23rd if we or somebody else didn’t get her.

Here’s what she looks like, since I can’t just link the pic, darn it.  We are definitely bringing her home soon, she just needs the Vaccinations and spaying.

http://www.petharbor.com/pet.asp?uaid=SANT.A239787

1 Like

Enjoy her. I believe you two’ll be a great match.

awww cute puppy! I’m so happy for you!

This exactly what happened to my family. We lost our dog, and had a new one in our house after 11 days. Love this new girl very much, she looks very cute! I love german shepherds.

Well…Something bad happened…Apparently, the dogs in the Kennel before her had Parvo, and…well, she got it from being in the same crate…So sh’es not coming home with us, like we thought. I have the worst luck with dog picking, I swear. We will be looking at a closer to us shelter, for another puppy. Oh well.

Aww, that’s so sad. I hope you find another one who is just as sweet.

1 Like

Okay, really good news…She didn’t have parvo after all, And we got her today! She livened up within a few hours, and started playing with Shiloh a lot. She’s a real Sweetheart, And she likes the name Perdita. Y’all have been so awesome, thank you…I will post more pics, and soon a vid of her playing with Shiloh…Perdita acts like a ninja, it’s really cute.

Awww, Congrats! Can’t wait for the video

Why the name change? I almost though you were a random peep…lol

Just felt like a change,that’s all. Why is everyone so concerned?

I just was wondering…for me it was just weird seeing that name after a week off ti’s all.