The Lego Movie

I admit, I thought this movie would be horrible, based on the commercials. But I walked out of the theatre pleasantly surprised. It was quite good! The humor was interesting; they’d make a joke that was obviously aimed at six year olds, then come back thirty seconds later and surprise you with something quite clever. There were some great pop-culture references and funny things hidden in the background; a fine eye would pick out amusing details. Not to mention some nice satire (the song “Everything is Awesome” obviously poking fun at how generic and shallow a lot of pop music is). The storyline overall seemed rather “loose” and yes, sometimes cheesy, but it still somehow worked because that is how one plays with legos: in a loose, imaginative fashion. One thing I thought was really good was the animation. It all looked like real legos!

Overall I thought it was a really good movie, a lot better than you’d expect.

If anyone else has seen this movie, what did you think?

Despite the movie being made in Australia, we’re not going to be getting here for another 2 flippin’ months! angry face

Yuki

Well that’s horrible.

I thought it was alright. A good movie, but I didn’t think it lived up to what I heard about it. It was pretty good though.

About you saying it looked like real Legos too, as far as I’ve heard, all the backgrounds were real Legos, then the characters were added in with CG. Which admittedly is pretty awesome (not even trying to make a reference to the song).

Yes, I was very surprised when Rotten Tomato gave it a 98% when Frozen got a 96%. But just like Frozen, it looked very childish in the commercials. I can’t wait to see it!

I seriously peed my pants almost throughout the whole movie.

I think they nailed right on the spot. I loved it!