The "I Finally Landed It!" Thread

I’m so loving this legend idea! Thanks

2 Likes

After about 4 weeks of trying (don’t laugh) I finally landed Spirit Bomb. Oddly enough after that I went immediately to Hook, which is what years ago caused me to to give up throwing, and I landed that in one evening of practice.

7 Likes

I have a video of you doing that (don’t ask me how).

I think it wouldn’t have taken you as long if you’d just used a more modern yoyo! :rofl:

7 Likes

I have been trying to learn Woo-hoo on and off for years now. The rejection hook is what always stumped me in the past. Well, I’ve been learning Kris Toledo’s longer tutorials (highest recommendation as they’ve become my favorite tricks), and the rejection hook in one got me to finally learn it. I didn’t even realize there was a rejection triangle at the end, which took a while as well! It’s still super inconsistent, but it felt good to land it after such a long time. :tada: :tada: :tada:

Amazing Kris Toledo tricks for anyone interested:

8 Likes

Cool stuff thanks for sharing! And congrats on getting this trick done.

3 Likes

After three years of causal throwing, I finally caught on video a small basic combo I’ve been working on.

8 Likes

Would love to see you post some of your tricks

4 Likes

Can I say I finally hit 1.5 Hook… after almost putting my shoulder out :joy:

5 Likes

I finally landed the first hop of Spirit Bomb; it was smooth and clean and I landed it on the first throw of the morning. I was sorta shocked when it happened. Of course, it’ll probably take another thousand tries to land it again…

7 Likes

I finally landed Aces High. It’s one of the first tricks I saw when I first started and thought it would be impossible to do. Still seems impossible sometimes :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Nice work!! Aces High was tricky to learn - it requires very precise spacing and placement. Yuuki’s tricks are among my favorites and really helped develop technique.

2 Likes

2.0 Hook :metal::metal::metal:

Took several busted knuckles and sore shoulders… but can hit it once every 10-20 attempts :joy:

3 Likes

That’s actually the trick I’m working on to :grin: it feels like my arm is going to fall off :joy:

Mine did too. I did find once I got more comfortable with the whip motion needed, my shoulder wasn’t needed as much… but still, tough work on the shoulder lol

1 Like

Yeah I still need to get the motion just right I need to find that sweet spot so my shoulder(s) feel like they are going to fall of any second :joy::sweat_smile:

Basic RED triangle. BOOM! so cool with no knots

1 Like

And Buddha’s Revenge! The 1.5 mount is HARD

1 Like

Chopsticks!

1 Like

Finally landed kwyjibo on responsive. Only once so far

4 Likes

Finally landed my first rep of titanium chopsticks earlier today. Far from a repeater but for my first real chopsticks trick I’m pretty happy.

3 Likes