The "I Finally Landed It!" Thread

Landed a McBride Roller Coaster/Kwijibo combo on my 66% Shutter. Not expecting to do that again.

3 Likes

But you will…

1 Like

Thanks, Chris!

1 Like

Rejection GTs are something I’ve been trying for two years now. Here’s a compilation of all my attempts in a session.

5 Likes

“I finally landed” Jade Whip and can actually hit it consistently. This was a trick that at first felt impossible for me since I used to avoid slacks. However, I land it wrong and can use some advice in landing the correct configuration. The pic is how I almost always end up, if I back my hand out of the loop I’m basically in a one hand trapeze on my thumb. Is it that I’m hitting the wrong side of the slack on the whip into the yoyo?

Edit: Well I figured it out. I’m hitting the string right it was as simple as just turning my hand up to more of a fist.

3 Likes

Calypso yesterday. Which…surprised me that I didn’t find it more difficult. But since I’d drilled so hard on Kwijibo maybe that’s what made it easier to stick.

3 Likes

Link to Calypso?

4 Likes

After about five days of wrestling with it and being crazy frustrated…and untying oh so many knots.

I finally managed to land “Bouncy Castle” this evening. Also my first serious green triangle trick I’ve landed.

2 Likes

Finally landed Kobe!

7 Likes

I finally got brent-stole down at least hitting more than randomly once - at least to about 50% now and more than that when I know that my string tension is good (turns out is a huge factor go figure)

2 Likes

Most likely you’re hitting the wrong ‘side’ of the loop

I had the same problem (I think) transposed from when I was learning the plastic whip
the string section would be behind the yoyo instead of in front (in your case right side instead of left)

I just learned this recently and I aim with my thumb to try to get the left side of the whip in and likely its hitting the ‘right’ side of the whip or the outer part. Though I didn’t run into this on the jade whip since I have done the plastic whip too many times at this point

The only way I saw that though was no kidding filming it in slow motion to try and see what the whip looked like so thats always an option to try!

1 Like

Took me a couple of tries and adjusting string tension once or twice but I actually landed it on video.

5 Likes

Finger spin. I am such a slow learner but this trick was easy. Gotta get the bind though.

1 Like

Finally got the reverse brent stole! And while I was at it I also got that meta combo that everyone does from the Lucas Decker tutorial. Today’s a good day

4 Likes

A good way to practice is to hold the yo-yo in your hand and practice the wip that way! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the tip!!

2 Likes

A Tornado Bind/Helix Bind/DNA.

I guess I need to set up a tiktok account now.

8 Likes

Hahaha I guess so :joy: pretty much nowadays the dna is what yoyoers are known for :sweat_smile: fortunately there is much more things to learn about us yoyoers :wink:

3 Likes

Lol, I was just kidding. I have no plans to go in to tik tok.

Too much social media already. And I don’t yoyo for the socials.

1 Like