The "I Finally Landed It!" Thread

Neck stole. :grin:

2 Likes

Finally got through this one! I’ve been grinding away for a week… It was way tougher than it looks (at least for me).

Also got through Gentry’s combo. But, it’s one of those that needs to be executed cleanly and smoothly. And I’m far from that. :grimacing:

4 Likes

Finally learned how to do iron whip and jade whip only thanks to the plutonium string!

2 Likes

i just landed a DGT suicide first try lol.

4 Likes

After weeks of working on it, I finally got through Blaise Becker’s trick (thanks to YoyoJoe’s tutorial). The string going around the outside of your TH makes the string length effectively shorter and the slacks much tougher, imo.

4 Likes

tha one is a fun one! i have a modded ver of that in my scales vol4 freestyle!

1 Like

im getting stuck on the spirit bomb mount thing to the chopstick formation…

I just learned that one too. Still working on getting it smooth though.

3 Likes

Oh oops I was talking about gentry’s wrist mount trick

2 Likes

I finally hit a finger spin on all 4 fingers !!!

6 Likes

What about the thumb?!

I can try that next

1 Like

Still trying to consistently nail the last part of the kwyjibo. Its that pop to the double or nothing that keeps getting me.

4 Likes

That’s sick, nice work

3 Likes

Been trying off and on for a few months now and always ended in frustration. Came back to it today, and it started to click. @ChrisFrancz’s favorite trick:
https://youtu.be/mq7FXtVqCio

4 Likes

Looking very good!
Impressive.
It’s a trick I have never been able to do.

2 Likes

Thanks! I struggled and wasn’t even close until yesterday. Just weird how it suddenly came together. Seems to be an elusive one for so many.

5 Likes

So, I am getting a lot more consistent with the trick today and am able to better analyze what goes wrong when I fail. I still have a tendency to psych myself out about this trick when getting ready to do it. I think a key is not overthinking it and just trying until you get it or start to get frustrated. Part of my problem was that I watched so many tutorials and looked up so many advice threads. It was all overwhelming and made me overthink it. It’s simple but just seems so counterintuitive to bounce your throw hand up and down. For the longest time I just couldn’t make myself stop swinging with that hand. I’d practice the motion with no yoyo in hand correctly but would lose it when I strung one up. Anyhoo… All of that is to say that it’s easy to overthink this one as well as difficult to force oneself to commit to the proper motion.

4 Likes

Boingy boing is all about rhythm. I think one of the biggest problems I had when learning it was I just trying to go too fast. Let the yoyo do the work and just keep that steady up and down rhythm.

4 Likes

I think I’m a natural at 5a…

I’ve only been practicing for like 4 days and I have double trapeze release down, and double or nothing release down. Also have a 40% success rate for half bee sting already.

7 Likes