The "I Finally Landed It!" Thread

asian pops blesses my fingers with the dankest burn

6 Likes

I like to double or triple wrap the string around the axle when I play my deep state responsive. Seems to put it where I want it with little or no thick lube. :+1:

2 Likes

:open_mouth: interesting…

it’s still not too responsive, but better :+1:

I’m having trouble with it not responding during longer ufos, so I find that a quick fingerspin helps :joy:

2 Likes

Holy ■■■■!!! I just landed a beefhook!!! :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

wooooooooooo

5 Likes

That Ti-Vayder feeling :smile:

10 Likes

Working on a trick from Offroad Yoyo called Daniel Day Lewis. Just struggling with the last little hop to drop into the double GT. I landed it a couple times, but feels a little like luck.

6 Likes

You have ascended!!!

3 Likes

I think Yotricks has a tut on that as well, lemme find it…

1 Like

Vid or didn’t happen.

7 Likes

Noo

I think this might be a fluke after trying to figure out Beefhook the past few weeks after setting it aside/off-and-on attempts over the past 2 years…landed it just once. Didn’t think it was going to happen on this random attempt and it happened. I kind of just stood there looking at it, shocked that it even happened. I guess it can only get better from here, right?

7 Likes

Been working on the 1.5 mount the last few days and am getting pretty dang consistent with them!
I think I’ll start working on McBride’s Roller Coaster here soon. lol 3 weeks ago that trick seemed really difficult…now I watch the video of it and it seems extremely doable!

–edit–
lol I’m such a noob. But hey, we all had to start with these basics right?

When I use to yo 15’ish years ago I hit a wall I couldn’t overcome. I got up to kamikaze and kwyjibo. I got so frustrated with myself that I eventually stopped yoing (amongst some other reasons).
I’ve become SO much less hard on myself as I’ve gotten older though…so we’ll see. It’ll be SO damn exciting for me if I eventually can land those 2 tricks and move on to even tougher things.
1 day at a time though. And today I’m still working on the basics like 1.5 mounts, skin the gerbil, cold fusion and rewind.

4 Likes

I love how the forums are on a mission to just conquer beefhook right now. YYE > beefhook!!!

9 Likes

Yes, we will conquer!

4 Likes

I had to get video evidence of me hitting Beefhook, 1 for my own documentation but 2, to show off progress :slight_smile:

It’s not the prettiest but, happy it happened. I’ve been able to more or less replicate what I did last night and hit several more today while I was out and about. It’s a very strange trick, that’s for sure.

14 Likes

Bro, that’s great! What yoyo are you using?

3 Likes

Duncan Mayhem

7 Likes

Nice job man! Glad you were able to capture this on film!
Also, I’m really loving my mayhem atm!

4 Likes

Great work man!

3 Likes