The "I Finally Landed It!" Thread

Working on making kamikaze faster and learned matreshka last night. Pretty easy trick but having trouble with landing the drop every time. Also, trying to do matreshka but landing into a GT. any one else do this? I did it a few times by mistake.

Did a Kamikaze in its entirety during those last few minutes of my lunch break. It wasn’t the prettiest but I technically did complete the trick :slight_smile:

Glad I seem to have found (for now that is) what is working with that pain in the butt Magic Drop as that’s half of what was holding me up…and missing that final roll back when doing those last few moves from the Magic Drop.

Now let’s see if I can catch this on video later!

Ciccopolenti

Took a few days. But I finally landed a kamikaze!

Once I got the magic drop down in the middle of the trick, I was able to get the rest. I kept missing the dismount out of the one and a half mount to side mount. Lol. The easiest part right! Lol

But I got it :smiley:

Starting to dislike Kamikaze as a whole. My landing earlier was a fluke and I can get Magic Drop to happen half the time I try. The part that really fires me up (almost like AVGN frustration level) is missing that last 1.5-like mount or finishing with a trapeze. It’s almost like getting through an insanely hard level on an old video game on your last life with 1 bar of health left. You approach the goal when a last minute enemy that should be pathetically easy to defeat just drops in front of you killing you.

Maybe its the heat, maybe because of the fact I tried to record a successful landing (got really close) and knowing I’m being recorded (and the stress of trying to get a successful one)…or increasing frustration…who knows.

Getting closer and closer AG!

What I did was just practice Magic Drops into the 1.5 mount part until you get that down and then put it all together!

And what have I recently landed…just looked at Skutz Triangle and learned that just now. ;D

The Kamikaze will come for sure. You got the components, just gotta piece it all together.

I kept messing up the 1.5 to trapeze. I began doing a 1.5 into a trapeze over and over and over… until it felt good. Then I was able to piece the whole thing together.

If need be, bust out the angry Yeti. :grinning:

horizontal finger grind

Did another Kamikaze and caught it on camera this time…though again very sketchy. I can do better than that :slight_smile:

yeah. Mine are the cleanest either. I expect that it’ll be smooth by the end of the week(since I don’t get to practice much).

I can finally hit…the one…the only…MAGIC DROP!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Nice job! Feels good when you start stomping that trick.

But, why? Why is it so much harder than it should be? :smiley:

I’ve finally landed kamikaze, and I got magic drop down to the P. Lol took me about a week to get it consistent. But just after one week I got I down consistently… Here’s a video of me doing it. Well attempting it. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aOuPclrOud8

That’s a good question. Never underestimate those simple (looking) tricks. They will kick people’s butts like it did with me… And it’s still isn’t giving up that fight though I’m close to smashing Magic Drop into the ground for one and for all!

agreed. It tore me apart when I first started learning it where I swept it under the rug. Then one day it just came to my doing other tricks. Landed it every time. Left it alone to work on other moves and now I’m not 100% at the moment. Love how this happens.

This kind of happened with Boingy Boing. Yet another one of “those tricks” that are purely evil yet rewarding. I had showed my brother the YYE/Andre tutorial of Boingy Boing so he can see what it looks like. This was just after 2011 BAC when I bought him his first expensive yoyo, a Spyy Stryker b-grade.

Within 5 minutes, he found that rhythm and got it going. I tried for months, several months. I got tired of it and set it aside while I worked on things like Kwijibo and Buddha’s Revenge. I was one of those who didn’t stick to the YYE tricks in a fixed order, I did and learned what looked cool. One day I decided to try it…but “discovering” I can actually boing in a trapeze. I did it at a 45-degree angle and kind of got the feel for it. Come a day later and my boingy boing trick looked like this, including that somersault I do at the beginning…found that actually was a great starting point to get it going (but in real time, not in slow mo):

Oh, and…how’s 7 Magic Drops in a row sound? To me it sounds like I’m finally pounding this trick into the ground  ;D

Kamikaze… Nailed it! And smoothly too! Now to finish working on And Whut and maybe Candy Rain. https://instagram.com/p/50w1DUEBkl/

1 Like

Kamikaze is starting to get consistently smooth.

Looking good! Only thing I’d really work on now is that last part after Magic Drop, you’re basically rolling in and out of 1.5 mounts.

So today was a highly productive day. Found a local meet that meets twice a month in San Ramon, CA (That’s a 20 minute drive for me) where I learned the last part of And Whut (That jump-rope hop), and learned some tips on Eli Hops to get better. While I could technically do Eli Hops, I was terrible and still am…but slightly better at it now that I know how to keep it more in control!