The "I Finally Landed It!" Thread

As you say, there are different approaches. But it all comes down to a simple statement that had nothing to do with perfecting or practicing the trick (in fact, I said “now that you’ve done it PROPERLY”): the frontstyle throw is less prone to error.

A simple “Huh. I never noticed that.” or even “Neat. I can’t say I ever even tried it on a front throw.” would have been fine. :wink:

good gravy, sorry to cause an uproar by mentioning a trick!

Greg, when I first started to learn the trick (August sometime) I did do front throws to avoid the “oh crap” snag/bind. The better I got, the more I didn’t have to worry about the snags on the side throw.

If you watch the CLYW tutorial, Chuck throws a pretty lazy sidestyle throw, presumably to avoid any snags.

I’ve also found a heavier yo-yo seems to avoid them better as well. (Sasquatch, Horizon, etc)

1 Like

Andrew maiders double whip.

thats a really fun trick,dinged a few learning that one XD

Branding is pretty smooth and consistent now.

From my “learn a quick trick” approach, just added Alexis JV’s Anti-Gravity GT. It’s really just a Ninja Vanish with an interesting mount in front of it. I discovered that the tutorial “gets you there” but doesn’t really show you how to do the instant mount, which is what makes the trick look good. Gotta slo-mo the first demonstration of the trick to see what’s actually going on. :smiley:

avoiding string snag has never been this easy. thx yyf hd video of 2011ap

anyways thats one big technical obstacle gone. From now on it should be easier to further work up speed and accuracy

SHOOT THE MOON

and also Jensen Kimmitts pa pong.

finally took the initiative last night and today to learn Enigma. Fun trick that really “slows down” when you get the feel of it. The more you do it, the more you can zero in on those strings you need to pluck. Especially the 2nd pop.

I landed that trick and then promptly forgot it. I should learn it again and also commit Rancid Milk to memory while I’m at it.

I’ve had Rancid Milk on lockdown for years. Love that trick.

I’m still having trouble doing the follow. I think it is the hardest part.

Yuukified Poutine Bucket!

Usual disclaimer applies: ugly as heck, and need to smooth it out. :wink: I have the part up to the slack whip pretty smooth, but everything after that becomes a mess.

Love that one.

After maybe 10 years of knowing half the trick, I finally spent the time to learn the rest of White Buddha tonight using the new MarkMont Classic. Cool trick and it’s nice to know how to finish it now :slight_smile:

Took a throwing break in between essay writing and was fiddling with Kwijibo when suddenly… one smooth execution from start to finish. Again. Then again. One more time. I do a 10 rep test to qualify a trick as successfully learned, and I managed to do that with Kwijibo. Very pleasant surprise! Now, back to my essay. :stuck_out_tongue:

Right on!

1 Like

Just started landing spirit bomb yesterday

The whole combo from 2:11. Although it seemed derpily fancy when I first saw this video, in slow mo it turned out to be just a series of alternating twister/eli hop in reverse direction.

I finally landed some varial kick flips and caspers

landing this
skill level instant +1
/