The "I Finally Landed It!" Thread

Turbo Encabulator
Remembered how to do Paprika

Working on Rethinkyoyo stuff right now

I know that are simple tricks, but for me aren’t…
-Brain Twister (2 flips, at third I almost catch it up, but it stops)
-Double or nothing :X

1A- Nuclear Symbol, Yuuki’s Nationals 09 Combo, and Sebby’s Killer Klockwork Combo

5A (excuse my mediocrity)-360, E-Fan, reverse 360, Umbrella, Helicopter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEk7Wn1f27A I just landed the trick @ 1:25 smoothly, after about an hour of smacking my superstar into my forearms. Worth it? absolutely.

Decided to return to 5A, rewatched Miggy’s tuts that I’ve watched about 20 times each when I’m bored haha

Meltdown, Grind Meltdown, Butterfly, 5A Split Bottom, and 5A Trapeze and Bro just clicked first try after not trying them for atleast a month or so. Last time was probably 5A May. I also managed to duck under the butterfly to do it behind me and horizontal :stuck_out_tongue: Still don’t understand how it clicked

Also, while me and my friends were hanging out at our spot at our HS under a tree, tried an aerial at the edge (the leaves seemed higher than they actually were haha) and dice got stuck in the tree. My shaqlerstar then proceeded to spin for the next 3 minutes while we were just talking till it fell down LOL

Rixtify do you have a YouTube or Instagram ?

I can consistently do protrusion now. Not smoothly, but smooth enough to say I’ve successfully and fully learned the trick ;D

High-five!

I did it sufficiently smooth to impress a pretty kick-butt yoyo player yesterday. :slight_smile: Made me feel good.

1:22

Neither, why? Been thinking bout it… I have been in this hobby for about 14 months now

I’d love to see you get in the #trickcircle

I’ll do it sooner or later when I’m not busy being a senior in HS

Just landed Butterfly Spiral but neither that or horizontal butterfly are consistent. Attempting front to behind butterfly via over the head has made the dice and yoyo hit my face more times that I’ve landed it.

I need to work on my very beginner like fronstyle 3A since all I’ve really worked on was sidestyle…
I’ll probably do that and hopefully get a Yoyofficer Gravity or something (I’ve landed every 4A trick here at least once so pretty much anything after start of advanced isn’t consistent haha) my Go Big’s axle system is derping and hammering it in over and over again isn’t really helping

Also landed this:

Chase Baxter’s 5A Swangle

Jade whip ? All I saw was the Gt to the 1.5 suicide

SHOOOOOOOOOT THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

So happy.

Congrats! Applause, Applause! Your post was a great start to my day GregP. I wish more people would take the time to discover how special some of the old school tricks really are. :wink:

Shoot the Moon is the best responsive-play trick, period. :wink:

Although if you can do 2A, apparently there’s a special joy in Tangler as well. I wouldn’t know! Too busy having fun shooting the moon.

Shoot the moon is tough. Took just about all my time in yoyoing to figure out how it worked.

I thought you meant unresponsive StM at first.
still better than I.

Yeahno. I don’t even know how you would shoot a moon unresponsively; do you have to do it as a part of consecutive regens?

I saw Alexis JV do a pretty rad thing where he gets an intentional snag and then shoots the moon for a bit. I’ll be unlikely to ever be that good. Although once upon a time I guess I probably would have said I’d never be good enough to Shoot the Moon or do something like Rancid Milk. :wink: