The EYYC 2016 Thread

So, EYYC is finally upon us!

Let the good times begin! Any news of results of new releases, let’s hear them! Predictions? Thoughts? Favourites? Make your voice heard.

Wildcard round Results:

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/12826312_1696967833853222_1115089574_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTIwOTQyODE5MTk2MTA3NTQ0Mg%3D%3D.2

:smiley:

I’ve been watching the live stream for a while. What stage are we in right now?

EDIT: Never mind, I think it’s 1A semis

I’m trying to watch the livestream, but I can’t get it to load. :frowning:

None of the Americans made it through wildcard?

None of the Americans are European.

1 Like

They are not European so they can’t compete in the contest? I’ve seen plenty of foreigners at contests in the usa.

EYYC has a 1A Open division, but the wildcard is solely for Europeans, I believe.

1 Like

results are out on the yoyonews website!  :slight_smile:

1 Like

1A Finals start in half an hour! ;D

Thanks for the updates, Gambit! Hope you’re having a great time!

he isn’t there lol there’s a live stream

Only watched a little bit of the women’s but out of the ones that I saw tessa seemed like the best, I would like to see her win!

Watched some yesterday and today. Excellent live feed. Congratulations to all who participated

What a contest.

If nothing else, everyone should watch Tal’s winning freestyle. Sensationally put together, amazing tricks and some serious showmanship.

I also feel that Matous Tomes’ performances are always worth watching. He has such a great stage presence, always entertaining to watch… and that blindfolded part was sensational.

So many amazing players, so little time.

I have watched Tal’s freestyle over ten times and it never gets old. Just incredible!

That Tal freestyle was simply fantastic. It’s rare that you see a player that is so smooth, technical, and innovative, all at the same time.

I just found out that Naoto Okada has won the championship title in both the 2A and 4A divisions. Is it allowed for a competitor to have a championship title in more than one division?

Yes.

1 Like

Is a “freestyle” and a routine the same thing? cause Tals performance looks polished and practiced to the bone. Freestyle would tell me that the performance was created on the fly without choreography and all that jazz. His performance was a winner no doubt, but I am curious if this was a routine or a real freestlye (in the true sense of the word).
Just a thought…