The Countdown...to a Year of Fixed Axle

Very cool Aaron. I wish I had the resolve to do something like this. You will no doubt be a fixed force to be reckoned with after the year is up.

Another thing you could consider regarding a “cheat day” is maybe the last day of every month. Or maybe every third month. That would give you a small break but keep the feel.

Either way good luck!

p.s. There is a video of @edhaponik right after he did his fixed year. It’s of him playing a bearing yoyo. (I can’t remember which yoyo it was) I was amazed at how the year of fixed showed in his play with an unresponsive yoyo. It looked like yoyo magic.

5 Likes

Yeah, we’ll see how it goes. Fixed axle and responsive play is where my focus is anyway, so I really don’t think it’s going to be that big of a deal :slight_smile:

Cool, will have to go find that.

2 Likes

Best wishes. Keep sight of why you’re doing it.

4 Likes

Will you stick mostly or exclusively with one yo-yo?

Not that you need my opinion, but I think if you’re going to do it, do it all the way = no transaxles!

You could do fixed tip spin tops to break it up, though!

1 Like

Will decide that this weekend. My 2018 eH is supposed to be here tomorrow. There will be no transaxles.

Have actually thought about top spinning! I’ve had a BC top for a long time, and have always wanted to get into it, but never have.

3 Likes

Well don’t start with the BC, unless you just want to spin it on the floor! Get a Short Circuit.

4 Likes

Decided on using 2 yoyos next year, the 2018 eH and my old San Francisco era Clean Machine :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Back I the day when you bought a Cold Fusion you got 3 fixed wooden axles and this brass baby. I’m going to throw this brass fixed axle for the Year when i pick it up cause like I said can’t do a year without a Bape.1545594759320521441942

7 Likes

Don’t have a cold fusion anymore, but still have some of the wood and brass axles for them. The brass were great!

2 Likes

You can use these to play with your unresponsives. Just a thought lol.