Terrapin X Ceramic Wing Cut Bearing

This is a long overdue review, and i’m extremely grateful to fjh123 for his patience.

Terrapin Ceramic Wing Cut

I tested the bearing in my General-Yo Majesty, as I did for my previous Terrapin review.

Aesthetics
This is usually not a concern for anyone when buying a bearing, but if you care, its silver and shiny. It has the typical red dot on the shield, which I assume to be unique to Terrapin bearings.

This is where I was the most surprised. When I first received the bearing, I assumed it to be a typical flat bearing. But after a week or so of play, upon re-examining the bearing, I noticed that it had an ever-so slight concave, barely noticeable. It was nowhere near the Delta cut, which I previously reviewed, and much less drastic than a typical concave. There are pictures on the YYE listing, which there is a link to at the top of my post.

Play
I always expect great things from Terrapin bearings, and the Wing Cut did not disappoint. It was smooth and clean from the first throw. It’s hard to say whether or not the bearing improved the smoothness of the Majesty, since the Majesty is already smooth as can be, but it certainly did not impair it at all. What impressed me the most, however, was how the bearing allowed the Majesty to handle string wraps. As I mentioned earlier, I assumed the bearing was flat, but after handling several wraps with no snagging, I opened up the yoyo to check for a groove. I did discover the slight curvature, after much scrutiny. That small curve is, in my opinion, the most crucial part of the bearing to me. It allows a yoyo to handle multiple wraps, but still respond to binds with ease. It gave me to benefits of a concave bearing without the negatives, and that’s a definite win in my book.

Over All
This is a fantastic bearing. That being said, I would still rank the Terrapin Delta Cut above it. The Delta Cut prevails because I felt it made a noticeable change in the smoothness of my yoyo, and I have never found more drastic concave shapes that concerning when it comes to binds. That’s not to say, in any way, that the Wing Cut is a bad bearing. It came down to personal preference. If you have the means, I would suggest looking into both of these designs. Even though they’re expensive, if you’re dropping $120 for the latest CLYW, you can probably swing it. And to reiterate a point from my last review, why drop 100+ for a yoyo, and keep a .50 mass produced bearing in it?

Also, if anyone who notices any of my glaring grammatical errors could point them out, it would be greatly appreciated, along with any feedback.

Well I never had that much issue with noise in either. I’m not sure I’m the best to comment on that, because I never really notice noise.