Ten Yoyo Drop Bear Review! MORE PICS ADDED!

Thanks!

Not sure when yye is getting them but I would think it would be soon. I do know you can get them on the ten yoyo site though if you cant wait.

yeah man, couldnā€™t wait! got mine yesterday!

your reviewā€¦totally 100% correct!

I got mine a few days ago and love it! The review is a great representation of the yoyo.

Sorry for not chiming in earlier:

Just wanted to add, we did have an ā€œabout usā€ page but itā€™s down right now. I apologize. Iā€™ll be moving the info over to the new site soon. What NJstringer said about us was spot on! Wabbit and I have been long time friends since college and we lost touch after pursuing our careers in the arts. We yoyoed a lot back in those days. Iā€™m talking a time when ā€œKwijiboā€ was an amazing trick. lol. TEN years later weā€™re back together. We honor this friendship by making yoyos.

Cheers!
-Roo

Good news! I just shipped some Drop Bears to YoYo Expert, and it looks like they will have them ready for you to buy soon. If I know anymore info Iā€™ll drop you a line.

Cheers!
-Roo

What colorways?

This is going to be an empty wallet monthā€¦ waiting on the Bearā€¦ Cascadeā€¦ Nessieā€¦and that silly monkey from Canadaā€¦

I remember learning kwijibo on a knuckle busting, tug responsive mega spinfaktor. I bought a drop bear over the weekend, looking forward to checking it out.

Awesome review!
I love my Pre-Pro Drop Bear. #10 for TenYoYo of course. :wink:

Itā€™s always with a bit of trepidation that I lay down $100+ on a yoyo. Thatā€™s not money I can just throw around, but I wish I had another $100 on hand so I could buy a second Drop Bear. Light, zippy, long spinning, awesome grinding finish. If anything, this review under sells it.

I hope ten yo yo never stops making these. This should be the throw that they become known for. Highly recommended.

1 Like

I just picked one up on the forum and Iā€™m very glad I did! Great player with strong spin dynamics. Very comparable to the top Japanese brands. Is it machined from 7075?

I got #8. :wink:

You know, Iā€™m not all that sure really. Iā€™ll have to look into that.

What kind of shape does the drop bear have? Is it considered an organic butterfly or some form of h-shape? Iā€™m really loving this thing, I donā€™t have anything else that plays like it.

I believe it is considered a regular butterfly shape. Since the inner rim is not concave in geometry it is not considered an H-shape. Organic butterflies, from what I have read, are more rounded all the way around with a steeper catch zone that hugs the throw finger more. If anything, to be specific, I would term it a 2-step catch zone butterfly.

And I canā€™t seem to not go a day without throwing one of mine. No matter what throw I take out this one seems to find a place in my hand at some point or another.

1 Like

I think the drop bear has actually changed my buying preferences. Really looking forward to what ten yo yo does next.

You know whats funny? I thought the same thing about the Decapod. I was all about slightly undersized throws until I played it. Then the Drop Bear came along and now I love full sized throws. It really pays to try out new specs.

1 Like

This was seriously a good review. Nice job

Thanks! I had so much fun writing it! Reviews always give me a reason to really focus on playing a single throw for a while which allows me to really appreciate them more.