Talk me down from YYR Sputnik ledge

Agreed to all.

I wouldn’t say I’m in a spec rut. Just if I’m gonna drop 2+ I would prefer it be in my favorite range.

Which the Sputnik is, minus the media treatment and minus the ice cream paint job.

The Leniathan6 has me tempted as well but Sputnik more so. Original plan was to purchase both… But really?..

Anodizing the catch zone would be sooper dope… Hmmm… I do most of my web browsing from my phone so maybe I’m missing it but the source didn’t appear to have stock. Plus I like that YYE is a one stop shop so I can restock favorite strings, etc.

Is there no one doing nice custom anodizing anymore? Doing the catch zone is tempting me. Can’t decide if going through that would be worth it. I’d probably end up being too scared to throw the damn thing.

Hm yet for two years it’s continuously sold out and become the gold standard most other yoyos are compared to. I can only imagine most companies would love to release a yoyo even half as popular as the Draupnir. $200 isn’t cheap, but in a world of $160 CLYWs it’s hard to think it’s outrageously priced compared to a lot of the competition.

1 Like

Can ya wait a couple weeks. I hear that the Shout is gonna be the throw of the summer…

(shameless plug)

1 Like

I have no idea how anyone could possibly hate a Draupnir.

price I guess? I love mine

I do: Jealousy, envy.

People who say bad things about the Draupnir envy those who have one. Manufacturers who have nothing to compete with the Draupnir; say it is overrated.

C’est la vie.

lol, I’m neither jealous or envious but I personally do not like the Draupnir. I get why people like it but it isn’t for me after a couple throws.

And the main reason for my dislike is the size. I prefer undersized so 57mm isn’t my fav.

I also prefer organic shaped throws so that is the other con for me.

The Sputnik seems like it should be my number one based on specs but since its RAW and only RAW, don’t have much interest in it at retail atm.

When considering yoyos I also see them as collectible pieces. Like to support the smaller, inhouse made operations. That’s why Onedrop is my absolute favorite. Not just for great yoyos and great people but for being able to completely embrace that DIY local arthouse like mentality.

If I’m buying a painting I like knowing the artist crafted this in their studio. Same with yoyos. It’s a nitpicky preference for me. Not a deal breaker at all. In theory, I’d cherish a Rally more than a Draupnir because I know the Onedrop boys crafted it completely in their studio. I have no idea if YYR does everything inhouse. It’s just an example. I know they make good yoyos, so I still want one :slight_smile:

Maybe I should just get the Sputnik for the sake of science and self discovery and post thoughts/results here.

Gocrazy,
The shout looks sweet but I’m not in the market for another 57mm ATM. They do look great though. That Tigre is my jam. Keep up the good work.

Is it really fair to judge YYR on criteria that you don’t have all the info on? It’s kind of like saying, when voting for say, the best player in yoyoing, that I think Eric H (my friend) is the best because I know that he’s good. But I’ve never seen Takeshi Matsuura or Zach Gormley.

You have never seen them play?

Que? I judge YYR to be good based on others’ reviews. I don’t have one, I’d like to.

I have, I was making an example.

And the criteria that I felt that you were unfairly judging YYR is the fact that one drop makes their yoyos in house, but you don’t know if YYR does, and so you’d value a one drop more, without having all the nessecary info. Please do not take offence to this. It was not intended to be harsh.

BST!!!
Found one for $170, idk if it’s still there?

As they stated above, that is just one of the reasons they like OD. Not saying that this is the reason they DON’T like YYR. They just don’t know if YYR does stuff all in house or not but that isn’t like the deciding factor as they did state, “I still want one”. :slight_smile:

I don’t have one, but if I did, it would be a Diffusion.

You seem to exist in a planetary orbit outside the Earths’ gravitational pull.

Jealousy, envy? Unfounded opinion existing only in your jaded mind.

And besides Yoyordy simply stating an old ‘phrase’ - ‘love it or hate it’; which is more figurative than literal, who said they actually Hate the Draupnir?

And if indeed a person for some odd reason actually is jealous or envious of another with a Draupnir, why would Hate be the emotion utilized to dismiss a Yoyos’ validity?

“People that say bad things about the Draupnir envy those who have one”? < so you arbitrarily conclude that anybody saying un-positive things about the Draupnir ‘doesn’t have one’? How do you know this?

“Manufacturers that have nothing to compete with the Draupnir; say it’s overrated”? < can you specifically name ‘Manufacturers that have stated the Draupnir is overrated’?

…on a personal note, I have no problems whatsoever with the Pricepoint of the Draupnir. It is a very good value when compared to others in that price range. I think the Raw Draups with the slightly smaller gaps, fall short in performance when compared to the newer ano’d models with the wider gaps. But that is just my opinion.

My post specifically addressed my view of the Raw Draupnir. Which should have be very obvious by the text that followed the first statement in the post. I made no mention of any other Draupnir released in the series.

1 Like

“You seem to exist in a planetary orbit outside the Earths’ gravitational pull.”
Do you have specific evidence that I inhabit this extra-terrestrial orbit? Pictures? …Radar?

… Kidding ;D

Sorry YoyoDoc, my reply was not aimed at your comment specifically. I was only replying to the question itself as to how anyone could hate on the Draupnir.

Regardless, the general context speaks for itself; my comments are meant as my opinion only.

Didnt Ahmad use a red sputnik at Indonesia nats

Forge, yes, you hit nail on head.

I’m just trying to justify my desire for Sputnik. If OD made Sputnik at the very least I’d be able to justify expense by knowing it was made by them personally. That their own actual blood, sweat and tears went into the physical formation. If YYR is the same that would be excellent! So on my pros and cons list I’d have one more to add to the pro side. But I have no idea so it was just an example.

On subject of Draup… I’m not too sold on the look. I’m sure they play great but meh, doesn’t really excite me. Sputnik though… Dammit. I still want.

Off topic and there’s another thread going on but - anyone thoughts on isotope 2 vs palpitation?

1 Like

The Palpitation is the best yoyo i´ve ever touched :smiley: There is one for 160 on the BST right now, dont think you d be dissappointed at all^^