Taking the plunge

What made you guys say “let’s start a yoyo company”? What pushed you all from concept, to reality, to mainstay name in the yoyo world? I think we all have dreams and aspirations, but what point did you decide to listen to that little voice telling you to go for it?

1 Like

Hmm I know that he started it along with Shawn Nelson. And I know some of Shawn’s story. But I do believe that Onedrop started as a machine shop for coffee bean grinders. So they already had the machines (other then a CNC lathe which is why a mill was used for the project) along with some machine experience. So those could be some of the reasons that they just decided to give it a go.

4 Likes

Shawn and I became friends in 1991. He is a machinist and when I saw what he was capable of doing and how talented he was at building stuff, I said that we should make a business some day.

That some day started in 2001 when we opened our machine shop doing contract work. It wasn’t until 2007 that we started making yoyos and 2009 when we went full time (going full time and quitting the day jobs was the scariest part).

It’s difficult to take a leap like this. Some times I still can’t believe we made this work.

5 Likes

That’s amazing @da5id. I guess sometimes you just gotta make the plunge huh? Thank you for taking this time to answer my question!

2 Likes