Takehiro Iizuka's Slack Trick - Let's Play Yo-Yo - Ep.002

Sup folks?! :slight_smile: Just got episode 002 of Let’s Play Yo-Yo up after an hour of filming and several hours of editing. I hope you enjoy it! Can’t wait to do the next one, these are fun! :slight_smile: The trick in this one is a slack trick by Takehiro Iizuka and it was way hard to learn, but it’s a very rewarding trick all in all. Let me know what you think and please rate the video if you have a moment and leave me a comment on the video about what trick I should do next time. :smiley:

1 Like

Very nice!! This trick was definitely one of the more challenging tricks I’ve learned.

Maybe you can try “Grandma Kimmitt Sandwich” or Palli’s “Strawberry Ironing Board”. Both are pretty sweet looking tricks.

These are fun to watch, Mike, keep it up!

I stole Sanchez’ suggestion and dumped it right into your YouTube comments… the one for Palli’s Strawberry Ironing Board.

Good stuff Mike! I’m sure you’re super busy, but any chance of like a 30 second video showing the opening mount. I followed the video tutorial and learned the trick, but i’d like to learn both opening mounts and like the one you and Takahiro do!

Als this trick is ridiculous:

Would love to see you try it.

Oddly enough I’ve learned that a while back!

“if they ask ‘is that a magic yoyo that lets you do those tricks?’ smack em in the face for me!”

lol I’ve also been asked that.

a Better way of doing this trick, would be to try and make the triangle larger.

When you flick it, make sure its a pulling up movement rather than an throwing forward motion

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! The second catch always eludes me. That double 360 suicide is a great element to play around with, gotta come up with some original variations.

That forward flick is defiantly the most elusive part eh?
Slow mo, shows that Takahiro, does the pull! I tried, and This trick has been a staple in my life :slight_smile:

Just wanted to thank you all for the comments and trick suggestions and to thank aznnboyaZ for the tips on landing this trick better, I’ve been hitting it more and more now :slight_smile:

NathanC: I’m planning on recording a tutorial for this trick, I will add an annotation to the vlog when it’s ready (best way to know when I’ve posted a tutorial is to sub my tutorial channel http://youtube.com/yoyocourse :slight_smile: )

A full tutorial from Monty himself would be superb. I have yet to land that second 360 suicide XD.

Also, “I don’t know that guy must be playing with the blender again”. That line made my day.

1 Like

Awesome!
I’m glad it helped :slight_smile:

Thanks so much! I have the suicides down, it’s just the reject slack flip thing to mount in the beginning of the proper one that’s catching me off. Can’t wait!

1 Like