Suggestion for BST rule change

You can’t make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious. Nuff said.

3 Likes

1 Like

It definitely needs to be more strict than trust level 1. I was able to join the BST and PM members to make transactions within my first visit to the forum, which makes it a little too easy to create alt accounts in my opinion.

1 Like

This is definitely a good solution, but I feel like a lot of users, especially the new ones on this forum, do not know that they need to be aware of and follow these precautions. This also seems to let a lot of new users into bad experiences, that might scare them away from the BST.

what about the folks that:

• say well, “you should have asked for more pics”, and still operate across our platforms but never see any recourse because of their status in the industry
  • changed their username repeatedly, use different names, operate on different platforms under different guises and use that to take advantage of people
  • people that send incomplete yoyos, never respond to requests for the remainder of the yoyo
  • that dont send things as described, argue about it, and don’t want to work out a solution

i can go on forever, but this is all happening now. these are all real life instances, some currently in action, all ‘reputable’ members of the community. all on this forum too.

1 Like

Is this anything new? What are the gaps in the common sense suggestions that others have posted previously?

1 Like

i just think an ‘everyone for themselves’ or ‘that’s just the way it is’ attitude is blase’, not solutions-oriented, and is not in the interest of improving the community

2 Likes

Understood. What are the solution-orientated approaches that outweigh the commons sense suggestions?

2 Likes

Have seen this numerous times. Sometimes we catch it when we check IP addresses.

4 Likes

These are of course all important problems to be aware of, the initial topic only covers a small amount of the actual problems, as I’ve come to realize. I think we see things the same way, in that we want the BST on this forum (or any BST really) to be a safe space for anyone that may be looking to find something new to throw or looking for funds for whatever reason. The biggest problem in my mind is how that can be accomplished on a pretty public forum.

1 Like

correct. and for that to happen it takes work, and a lot of it. i’m putting in 19-hour days on the regular to make it happen. but, people have to be invested - and that includes the entire community involved.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.