String Theory's first release - The Remnant

That’s awesome! Oh, man, the dreams are starting to flood in… ;D

Thanks sooo much, cuz I’ve always wanted to know how it works!

I’m sorry, YoyoBob isn’t here right now. He has just left, and is making yoyo designs right now. :smiley:

In my opinion, people really need to chill out about all of this copy cat stuff.

There are tons of yoyos that have the same shape, and if we didn’t have some similar ones we’d be missing out on some great throws.

Also, this thing is much smaller than the Severe (it only has a 50mm diameter)

I find it highly doubtful that this guy even knew about the Severe when he came up with the concept for the Remnant (it takes a REALLY long time to make a yoyo).

Anyways, I don’t think it is a good idea to start bashing someone right after he posts his new design (I’m sure it took a lot of work).

And sorry if I sound mean. Tone-of-Voice can’t be communicated in forums and I’m not mad at all :slight_smile:

2 Likes

nice too bad im broke… ???

there might be someone else I should ask but you seem to know what you are talking about so I mind as well ask. I am making a yoyo in solidworks (my dads friend got me a copy) and it looks really good so far, but I was wondering what the goal of the designs moment of inertia is. Is it supposed to be as far away from the center as possible? or something else? any help is appreciated

It depends on what type of play you are going for. I don’t really use moments of inertia so not really sure but at any rate there is no real ideal value just try to hit between 63 and 68 grams.

No, but it’s similar. :wink:

I think that they’re totally different. The Remnant looks much more flared and kinda thinker on the Hshape part.
Gotta look out for this one, looks great! :slight_smile:

mine has a weight of around 66 or so grams but i think that moment of inertia is like center of gravity almoast. i might shoot kyo a pm and ask him (as he has also produced yoyos)

You do want more weight toward the rim of course but other than that, its not really important. Just don’t exceed a wider yoyo than tall. if the width exceeds the height then it will wobble like no other.
If there was just one good design for a good spinning yoyo then there would only be the FH One. All others would have never been made.

1 Like

I think this looks cooler than the severe ;D