String Making

hey guys i was just wondering how to get that even colors with maybe 3 colors with my 3 colored strings they look great but there’s let’s say more pink then blue and very little green(?) and i was curious how people make it look like it has the same amount of each color
thanks guys!
-Peyton

4 Likes

Easy.
Just use all green.

7 Likes

Touche

2 Likes

I don’t have a ton of string making under my belt, but for the ones that I’ve done it’s been trial and error. Getting the colors to look “equal parts” wan’t necessarily accomplished with actual equal thread. Fortunately the time and money investment wasn’t too much to take the fun out of experimentation for me. Good luck, and happy twisting!

Edit: a word

2 Likes

yep trial and error for me too lol

2 Likes

An easy way to separate your colours is to pre-twist each individual colour before spinning them all together.
For example, if you want to make a type 6 string with 3 separate colours, you would twist 2 loops of each colour just enough for them to stay together, and then spin them all together as normal.

You can also pre-twist different colours/types of thread to blend them together evenly.

@smileypants707 goes over pre-twisting and everything else you’d ever need to know about making strings in his string making mega-thread. Definitely worth reading if you haven’t already!

5 Likes

Placement of colors layered makes a difference.

Keep at it👍

2 Likes

thanks Kieran! this totally makes sense! will definitely try it when i have time

1 Like