String making (tension etc)

ok, I’ve been making string since 07’. but I don’t know nothing about the scene. after a long hiatus.
I just wanna ask, how much the string tension when it comes to string making these days? darn loose, pretty loose, tight, super tight? what your preferences? and I am always making 55 for normal, 66 for fat. some people want the 65 din’t know why.
for me personally is 4
4, lol. I’ve never been a fast player tho.
length is 125 Cm ±
100% poly.
used to called Nerve string (it’s Indonesian homemade string). but I changed the name recently.

Any advice?

3 Likes

Make tight tension and blend some nylon in with the poly

3 Likes

@KiLbUcK has the right idea as far as widest appeal. Everyone loves their blends nowadays in boutique string. I personally favor 100% Nylon, tight, 7 wrap. I make my own though since I can’t find anyone doing this to my liking.

Again if you’re looking to sell as much as possible:

2 Likes

I Don’t want to make blended strings. I just want to make 100% poly. With smooth texture, will loosen the tension will help? Or any methods that ai didn’t know?

Loosening up the tension can help, bit keep in mind that fattens it up a little too. Might have to take out a wrap, depending on how loose you’re making it.

1 Like

Aah, I see, thanks for your help!

My sweet spot reduction is about 12%.

Starting run length= S

S × 12% = reduction

You can round up or down make it easy

2 Likes

I screen shot this, lol. Thanks man!

1 Like

I’ve been using 3.5m of threads and reduced them 50cm(3m left). At first it is a bit rough but with play they get really well.

12 is kind of on the tighter side, so experiment with 11, 10 etc until you land on a percent that works for you.

1 Like

I do 15% on straight nylon. Whippy AF, and still soft

1 Like